• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amsoil?

fishing tech

I know this was talked about but I can't find it. I have an 08 Sportsman 800ho. It uses 5w-50 oil. Popo wants $37 for there kit. 2qts and a filter. Oilman or anyone else can you help me out? Amsoil site doesn't really say what to use. I use Amsoil 0w40 in my 01 500.

Thanks, Keith

They don't have a wet clutch like a motorcycle but they have a wet clutch it is a shoe type. you will need a oil for a ctv transmission

Sorry but your completely wrong. The primary and secondary clutch assemblies do not require any oil in the cvt housing.

Try it I bet you get some belt slippage.

The schematics don't show all three clutches together.

Why do you think all the manufactures recommend to use motor oil for a wet clutch.

This is a link to the Polaris microfiche. The same one anydealer uses. Note that when you select a certain schematic, you can find out what all models use those parts if you click "usage" to the right of the part description. Polaris Industries Microfiche

If this 3rd clutch does exist you will find it here.

With that said I have taken apart and tested several after market polaris clutch kits. From springs, weights, buttons, secondary rollers, EBS, non EBS I know the science behind these clutches. I have worked with, tested and even been sponsored by aftermarket companies. I have personally used components from (HSP, HPD, AAEN, TEAM etc) that specialize in CVT performance upgrades. Non of these folks have ever referenced this wet clutch you speak of. Nor have they suggest using oil for my clutches. In fact neither of the 2 manuals have suggest it or maintenance or repair.

Now that I think of it, are you thinking of just straight up transmission fluid? yes its needed but there is no clutch, its simply just sprockets and chains and a sealed unit completely seperate from the CVT but is driven by the secondary clutch.

I think he's talking about the clutch found in Suzuki's, Yamaha's and "some" of the newer Polaris machines. However, the '08 SP 800 HO has the same old tranny they've always had.

This is a view of a Suzuki KQ750 and yes it does have the clutch assembly (shoe) like he's referring to (bottom center of the photo).

full-8710-32572-transmission.jpg