• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Armadillo Eggs!!!

Just made a batch of these and figured i'd share...

Cheese stuffed jalopenos encased in sausage...

Take your peppers and cut the tops off, cut em in half then seed and vein them. You'll need to match the halfs back up. Your going to fill each one with cheese of your choice, I usually use cheddar...

p9063136.jpg

p9063137.jpg

Now for the sausage. You can use sweet italian, breakfast, hot, basically any kind of bulk. For about 8 peppers I used 1/2 pound to which I added a heavy half cup of bisquick, and a heavy half cup of shredded cheese. I used a 4 cheese blend. Also I added one clove of garlic minced. Work this together till you get a sticky dough. Then spread a spoonfull out thin...

p9063138.jpg

Now your going to encase the pepper. This takes a little getting the hang of but it's not too bad. The sausage dough is prety tough and workable...

p9063140.jpg

Make sure to get some extra sausage in the chesse end to hold it in...

p9063139.jpg

Next dip them into a beatn egg and roll in seasoned shake n bake..

p9063141.jpg

Then into a bakeing dish and a 325-350 degree over for about 35 minutes. Flip em once...

p9063142.jpg

They are a bit time consumeing but worth it. And not nearly as hot as you would think. My dad likes em alot and he dosn't do hot. Each batch is a tad diff and you could leave some seeds and veins. Two people enjoying a beverage make these quicker than one grumpy person grin

p9063143.jpg

Give them time to cool. Dont be the one with melted cheese burns all over the inside of your mouth cool

Yes I have used venison sausage and it works just fine. When I make my veni pan sausage though I add pork butt 50/50. Lean venison by itself just dosn't make good sausage. Mixed with pork it's still much leaner and healthier than regular stuff..

I have a large amount of ground venison. I too mix with pork, and am going to try this recipe this weekend.

Thanks for the recipe, and the pics with it. Awesome!!

No bacon = FAIL.

J/K. Looks great! Seen them before but never made them. Now if you could only modify this to make a Scotch Egg/ Armadillo Egg hybrid with smoked eggs...