• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Locked and Loaded for full moon madness

50inchpig

Was out lastnight 11:30 pm till 7:00 am this morning. We boated 4 fish, 2 48.5's and 2 41's. Seen 1 other fish but wouldnt eat. All fish came between 2:15 am and 6:00 am.

Trying to get out again tonight. Will have to see what the better half has in mind.

Duck

Fish have been going everyday....heh! The last several weeks (6) have been nothing short of great, should continue.

Amen on the lights, we got two yesterday with the headlamps shining on the lures at boatside...so yeah, good thing people are willing to sacrifice life and limb for a fish that doesn't care either way...<rolls eyes> now that's brutally intelligent.

Do people really think their lights are really brighter than the full moon???? C'mon people...think a little.

I did get out again lastnight and put 3 more in the boat. Got on the water around 12:00 a.m and off at 7:00 a.m. All fish came between 1:00 and 3:00. Lets see if I can get one more night away. May be pushing my luck. But then again, been mighty lucky the last couple nights. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Duck

yep, big blades and topwaters. we're seeing shifts from deep action to shallow action within hours, so don't be afriad to slide up there if you're not seeing fish on the deep edge, especially late night/early morning shallow stuff, but the bait selection doesn't change.

Boated two fish last night a 39 and a 45 with no tail...I wonder how he lost his tail?...He would have been an inch or two longer if he had that baby attached....Oh well very exiting night ! Both on slow topwaters..The big one came boat side with avengece...AWESOME!

yep, all of the above. with any bit of moonlight or anywhere around the metro, they'll have no problem finding it. i really don't think they have a problem finding it anyway. probably save the creepers/wobblers for fish you've seen or places where you know they are in the interest of covering water.

ryan do you live and fish in illinois or are you fishing in minnesota?