Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bunkerbay

THE DREADER!!!

12 posts in this topic

Fairly new hunter here and have been searching online for a few neccessities. I came across this, thedreader. It looks pretty efficent and legit without owning an atv. Does anyone here have this? If so, any comments? The name alone almost intrigues me enough to just get it!

Personally, I wouldn't spend my money on it. Just one more thing to carry into the woods when it only takes 1 minute to find a stick for free. It is not that hard to bread a stick to the correct size.

That thing looks like a total waste of money!

Give me a break.... the things people try to sell to "make our lives easier"... smirk

The woods are full of sticks. Just carry a piece of rope, find a stick. Presto your in business.......

The sad thing is, there are a lot of companies out there who are more than willing to make a $$$ or two on young inexperienced hunters. Many a gimic out there trying to do just that. This is just another example of it.

I use my tree stand saftey harness to drag if any distance tie it to the d ring and then to the neck or antlers and start walking, and a stick is the green way to go for a spreader grin

The sad thing is, there are a lot of companies out there who are more than willing to make a $$$ or two on young inexperienced hunters. Many a gimic out there trying to do just that. This is just another example of it.

Nothing sad about capitalism in action.

Products like this are the realization of the American dream for those that come up with them.

I've got one of these. My brother in law used it opener after getting one in the morning.

We found it was pretty easy to drag, but the nicest part was using it to gut the deer. It worked really slick. Once we got the stomach/chest cavity cut up, we inserted it into the rib cage. It really helped to keep the chest cavity open. The diaphragm was super easy to get out, and especially the esophagus.

Since it was about 60 that day, it came in handy to cool the meat until we could get it boned.

Give it a shot. I heard they're only like 15 bucks some places...