Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wahoohendoo

SWORDS

8 posts in this topic

new series on disc. channel that starts tuesday. looks interesting along the lines of deadliest catch. longlining swordfish and tuna.the lady from THE PERFECT STORM is on the show too.

Yea, looks like it might be good. COuld fall flat though just like the lobster show.

interesting. i see why its so controversial now with 30-40 MILES of line out(thousand baited hooks). you didnt see any of the unwanted catches on film (dolphins) and you know they are scarfing up the bait.

I thought it was a terrible episode, it seemed to be too much drama and not enough fishing. Thumbs down for last night.

Honestly it was better than I expected. If nothing else, at least I learned one more technique for putting big fish in the boat! I thought the shows format was decent. It was more entertaining than the Lobster show I thought it would be similar to.

Was a little disappointing to see how they catch these magnificent creatures. Guess I had visions of actual fishing to get the Swords onboard. But then again this is a commercial operation and it's their job so I understand.

The bluefin was fun to watch. They fought the thing for 3 hours with a winch, thats impressive to me. Hopefully there is some more fishing the next couple of episodes though.

I am still on the ropes, way to much drama, not enough fishing. The fishing you did was pretty intresting.

I really liked it, although I like anything fishing. The only down side is how they play up every little piece of drama. They do it with all these Discovery Channel shows, Ice Road Truckers is the worst. I wish they would just run it as a documentary and not a reality show.

That's amazing how they run for 5 days to get to their fishing spots and put out 40 miles of line.