• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What goes up in the stand with you?

joe15,

I would if i could ha ha. oh yeah im going to have to add a thermacell to that too. i sit all day also.

I see your avatar says MISSION? I have a band named MISION with one s its in spanish thats why oh and i grew up in MISSION TEXAS cool huh.

take care

Oh geez, this is gonna be a long list.

My check list for dark to dark hunts:

rifle

a box of bullets (in case I get lost)

gps

blaze orange flag tape for marking blood trails

knife

doe wizz

extra layers (put 'em on for the wheeler ride, take 'em off for the walk, put 'em back on in the stand)

extra gloves

extra hat

rubber gloves

rope

screw-in ladder steps

butt pad

a couple of car mags

a mr. buddy heater if it's real cold

also a sleeping bag if it's brutal

rattling antlers

grunt call

scent cover

tp

various food items (sandwiches, candy, sodas, etc.)

heatwarmers

extra socks

face mask

paper towels

small saw

That should about do it. Duluth packs are great!!!

I typically hunt under three hours cause I cannot sit still so I bring

Bow with arrows

back pack

tags

x-tra snoose

more scent cover for what ever reason

t-p

water

horns

grunt

bino's

knife

extra tree steps

light rope

and yes a book It is my time to relax so I usually read for about an hour

I take a pack that i tie a rope to then tie the rope to my treestand if i need anything i just pull it up

................small ratchet, screw driver, tools

thermos with some campbell soup

thermos with coffee...............

For Real??????????

My list has changed a little now that I have a year under my belt.

Bow + quiver/arrows + release

Folding saw

Tag

Toilet paper

Rope

Wind direction thingy

Knife

Water

Compass

Whistle

Binocs

GPS

Headlamp

Phone

Sometimes I'll bring a camera -- that'll happen a lot more this year since we are lottery and I want to hold out with my one tag. I always figure I might as well get pictures of any that I pass on.

If it's an all day sit, I'll bring some sandwiches.

I ditched my big backpack right away last year and got a little fanny pack. Everything for cleaning/dragging the deer stays back at camp. My fanny pack straps nicely around the tree above my head for easy access to any items.

I read last year that there was no harm in wizzing out of the tree. Some people actually said it would attract deer. So I never did bring a pee jug with last year. It would probably be a gallon jug for an all day sit anyhow. Now I'm second guessing that decision just as I type this...

For early and late season hunts that are short, I pretty much just bring by bow, arrows, license, tag/string and cell phone. But then I hunt in my backyard most of the time. For all day hunts in late October and early November, I bring the kitchen sink. But then I usually sit in a blind on those. My theory is the more comfortable and occupied you are, the longer you will be willing to sit.

for a short sit 3-5 hours I bring bow, arrows,release,extra release,grunt tube, primos doe can, antlers, binos, tag. for a dark to dark sit I bring all items above plus two granola bars a bottle of water and t.p. everything else can stay in the truck thats were I am headed after I shoot anyway to wait awhile before tracking. vister I am with you I am way to intune with whats going on around me to have any distractions like a book. I have had way to many deer come in fast with very little time to get the bow back let alone put away a book or other distraction.

My list includes:

compass

limb saw

limb clippers

decoy string for tieing tags and butt hole!

butt out

gutting glove kits (2)

drag rag in a zip lock

scents

extra bright LED flashlight for tracking

camera

cell phone

Swiss army knife

super sharp gutting knife/gut hook

pocket knife

small package of wet wipes (unscented) after gutting deer

toe and hand warmers

camo face makeup

thermocell and extra pads

calls

extra fleece cap for when it gets cold during sunset

back pack for heavy coats put inside and wear later when cooled down

Last year I bought a deer cart to pull deer out and carry in tree stands and equipment when setting them up in July and August!

I don't bring all these items every time I bowhunt, just depends on the weather, etc. grin

I normally keep my hunts under 3 hours so my gear is pretty basic - but it still ends up being a lot of stuff. I wear the old army surplus pants and shirts with lots of pockets that I stuff all my gear into. My safety harness is one the 'seat of the pants' harnesses that looks like a fanny pack that I wear to the stand, take off, put on my extra clothes, then put safety harness on. My list:

binocs

mosquito face mask

camo gloves with fingers cut off

release

headlamp

small spare flashlight

license

bung hole string

knife

small bow hanger hook

small fanny pack with bow hanger and rattling bag

bow pull up rope

grunt call

Later in the season my camo coveralls will have extra gloves, stocking cap, and chemical handwarmers, I buy them by the box!!

In the truck I'll have trail marking tape, another flashlight, and spare batteries in case I have to track a deer at night.

Being I hunt out of ladder or platform stands, they already have hooks to hang stuff so I usually hang my open bag and slowly get stuff out. By the end of the hunt I have a couple grunt tubes, range finder, binos, rattle stuff, gloves, and who knows what else hanging around the tree. The one thing I've never had was a book or magazine. There's just too much going on that I would miss if I was reading. Most of my stands are placed in really tight quarters so by the time you see the deer it's already in range.

I hunt frome dark to dark. Never leave my stand and I agree a book hinders walching the woods

I could never read or play games. Back to the subject I pack a lot.

Thermous

Binocs

Bow/gun

Rope

Small blind and tri pod seat( incace I move for evening hunt)

Nife, E blanket,head lamp,grunt,sents,lunch,sent killer, tp,pee bottle, gps,cell phone,rain gear

Thair is a lot but if I don't bring it ill end up wanting it its all about staying out in the feild

Wile every one else moves in for lunch and drives deer. I could never get enuff of the woods