• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Public Enemies

polarsusd81

I went to see it last night with my girlfriend. I have been waiting for it all spring and summer and it was worth the wait. This is a movie I can recommend for sure. Good action, good plot, good acting. The only thing I didn't like were a couple of scenes where the film makers used a bounce mount for the camera and it just didn't seem to fit. Other than that, it was great.

I’m looking forward to seeing this one!

I think Depp is one of the best actors of all time and for sure my favorite right now.

There was a good article in the Strib the other day about how Dilinger along with a lot of the big name gansters of the time resided in St. Paul. I guess the Police Chief in exchange for a small bribe and the agreement to not rob anything in MN provided a safe haven.

Very interesting.

If anyone enjoys this stuff, especially the local area angle I would strongly recommend a book by Paul MacAbee (sp?) titled "John Dillinger Slept Here". Great book, and if you are familiar with St. Paul you can often picture the areas being described.

I’m looking forward to seeing this one!

I think Depp is one of the best actors of all time and for sure my favorite right now.

There was a good article in the Strib the other day about how Dilinger along with a lot of the big name gansters of the time resided in St. Paul. I guess the Police Chief in exchange for a small bribe and the agreement to not rob anything in MN provided a safe haven.

Very interesting.

Dillinger and the Ma Barker gang had an agreement with the South St Paul police dept that they could hang out there as long as they didn't rob anything.

A few years later, they robbed the Stockyards bank on Concord street. Its been awhile since I lived there but at one time, one could go to the bank and on the wall of the bank, it was riddled with machine gun bullets and you could see the damage in the wall.

I guess the Police Chief in exchange for a small bribe and the agreement to not rob anything in MN provided a safe haven.

Thats why I am in MN. cool

I am looking forward to seeing this flick too.

I love how America falls in love with some of these guys. From Jesse James to Babyface Nelson to Dillinger to Bonnie and Clyde, they are heroes. But if a guy robs one and gets caught- hes a scumbag for life.

Best bank robbery of all time was the one in LA when the guys had the fully auto machine guns and bullet proof vests on. Right out of the movie "Heat"

I saw it today. I enjoyed it but I doubt it will be on my list of top films at the end of the year. Johnny Depp has had a great career and has a wonderful screen presence. Without him in this film it would come and go without much of a buzz.