• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for best prices on trailer tires and batteries

92python

Question

Looks like I need 2 new tires and 2 new batteries:

Tires - 175/80/R13 for a single axle trailer with a 2700 or so LB load. I wish I could go with a bigger rim but I would have to get bigger sheel wells.

Batteries - Need 2 new series 27 batteries for a 24 volt system. I only get 2-3 years on my batteries even though I charge them up once a month in the winter.

Anyone have any recommendations on stores?

11 answers to this question

Batteries Plus has some really good batteries and have been referred there from the tech at our local marine dealer. We brought four of ours back to the dealer in the past year and they keep exchanging for the same brand. JUNK! They referred us to Batteries Plus and said those are the best ones they have used but don't sell them at the marine dealer. For tires, check out Fleet Farm.

I've had good luck with Batteries Plus as well. If you choose to buy from somewhere else, make sure it is a place that does a decent amount of volume so you don't end up with one that has sat on the shelf for some time.

Check out your local fleet supply like Mills or L and M for trailer tires.

Steve

Menards for tires fleet farm for the batteries.

We pull a lot of werker (batteries plus brand) batteries out of cars that are junk, maybe there marine batteries are better but I wouldn't even think of using a cranking battery from them.

I wanted to get tire and wheel combos. Menards was about 20 dollars cheaper than anywhere else.

Menards, they just cant quite figure out what kind of store they want to be. Lumber, tires, groceries, whats next clothes? I didnt even know they had tires. Id go to Fleet and/or Farm for tires, and sounds like walmart is the place to be for batteries. I have a werker brand (from batt. plus) that has "werked" quite weel. Its 2 years old.

Interesting how opinions on batteries can be totally opposite from person to person. I've use Wal-Mart batteries mostly, but I think the two best things I've done is get an onboard charger and use a battery maintainer for winter storage. Check out Northern Tool for the battery maintainer and tires. I'd guess they have batteries too, but never shopped for them there.

Ron.

I have a 3 year old dual purpose from Fleet farm that needs to be replaced, my question is do I replace it with a dual purpose or a deep cycle. I start my motor with it, but the biggest drain is the gps, fish finder and the lights when I fish at night. can I get by with a regular deep cycle? My motor is a 1989 40hp evinrude. starts pretty easy, but when ever I fish at night, the batter seems to drain pretty good or maybe my battery gauge is bad, but I don't think it is......do they make LED boat lights? If so, those would have a lower draw right? either way I need a new battery for starting the boat and running those minimal electronics. The old one is 3 years old....

Are the Menards wheels radials or bias?