• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mariner Motors

our Mariner 150 is a little cold blooded, takes a little bit to get it going the first time of the year and when it's chilly out, but other than that it's been great for us. We've been running it for probably 10 years now.

I had a '96 75hp Mariner on a Lund Pro Sport. They were Mercs that were painted gray instead of black. Parts were all the same as the Merc. One dealer told me Mercury used them to get around territory ageements they had with some dealers.

I sold it 3 years ago, it was a cold blooded but very dependable motor. Getting it started and warmed up took a few minutes but it never failed me. In 10 years owning it I replaced a couple fuel filters and did my own winterizing, the only time it was in the shop was for a linkage adjustment at about 8 years.

I've had a couple mariner motors, the last one was a mid '90s 60 HP motor so very similar to what you are finding on the boats you're looking at. They're the same as Mercs and I think they're good motors, I've never had any problems at all with the Mariners I owned.