• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow hunting newbie, just got a new bow

so i thought i would try my hand at bow hunting this fall and i went to the local pawn shop and bought myself a cheepie bow. its a jennings T-star II

70lbs

29in draw

anyone know anything about these bows? its a lefty and i only paid $45 for it.

Jennings makes a good bow, I am not familiar with that model... take it to a proshop and have it fit to you.. have them look at your form, and check the bow for string wear and or limb dammage..

Then???

shoot shoot shoot!!!!

Then, shoot some more!

Most of all, enjoy it!... its an awesome sport!

Worked on a lot of them in my time. Great bow back then, but it's nearly 30 years old. Round wheels, long axle-to-axle length, high brace height, steel cables, 50% letoff, wood limbs. If they go on you you might be sol. Beyond that though it has one of the greatest grips ever made on a bow. Accurate as heck, and just about as slow, but it will do the job if it fits you and you keep your shot selection close. Good luck.

Jennings makes a good bow, I am not familiar with that model... take it to a proshop and have it fit to you.. have them look at your form, and check the bow for string wear and or limb dammage..

Then???

shoot shoot shoot!!!!

Then, shoot some more!

Most of all, enjoy it!... its an awesome sport!

Very good advice. Have someone who knows what they are doing check it out, you don't want a limb to break or a string to snap at full draw.

the only problem with getting started on bowhunting using old equipment is the bow may not shoot or feel well, discouraging you from wanting to do it. if you shoot it and find you like shooting bow, then maybe step up to some more modern equipment. it will be night and day difference, and you'll like archery even more.

trust me, there isn't a better feeling than knowing you're confident with your equipment when that buck of a lifetime steps out in the open within range on opening day!!!

well i took it in to bwana today, they set me up with almost everything i needed. new string, peep, sight, 6 carbon arrows, and silencers. cost me a cool $100. got a quiver and wrist release on a popular auction site for alot cheaper then they had them there.

should be all set now, just have to practice