• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

are you ready?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Tom foolery............Have you ever been to Nebraska when the cranes are migrating? Fantastic sight!!!! The Henry Doorly zoo in Omaha is fascinating. Cabela's original store in Kearney, I loved their bargain room. Much better bargains than here in Minnesota.

I'm doing my FIRST opener!!!

Dad has always been my fishing buddy - before he retired he went but said it wasn't for girls. Once he retired, he quit going on the weekend and waits 'til Mon. when the landings a little less busy.

Last year I didn't have the boat...but this year I do.

Hopefully still going with a friend for the day on Sat. Either here in the metro (Fish, Spring or Waconia) or to one of his favorites lakes up in the Buffalo/Monticello area (can't remember the name). Last Sun. got the boat out of the garage, got it all cleaned up and got it started. (It sat outside under just the tarp until the middle of Jan.)

Dang, reminds me...have to go get my boat registration!!

Good luck this weekend to everyone who will be heading out. I won't be getting too excited until the bass opener.
BASS?? is that a fish????????? smirklaughcrazygrinwinkwhistleJ/K smile yea good luck to all.

I agree with you, bass are so fun to catch, probably my favorite. Have fun everyone going out, I was going to go fishing this weekend, but the cat got quite sick and A LOT of money later I am stuck at home watching him and trying to find him as he hides and I give him meds 3X a day. frown Oh well, hopefully I will get to go fishing soon as I am officially on vacation until May 18th smile. Good luck and YAY VACATION, I need one after this week!!!

we used to get all pumped about opening weekend, but now we're soooooooooooooo into trout fishing via downriggers.. we do that 99% of the time now,, it's my favorite fish to catch and eat now!!

So how did everyone do? We went to Independence. Froze and got skunked (from the people coming in while we were going out, sounds like the norm). But we had a good time. I can now say I've "done openener".

No, hubby's truck 2000 Ford F150. Wouldn't even turn over on Friday, it has a brand new battery and they replaced the alternator a couple of month's ago. Also needs transmission drained and flushed and leak repaired, posssibly brakes and has a strange noise like a tailpipe or muffler vibrating. Pumpkinmobile running smooth and sweet.

I caught my PB this weekend a 9lb 7 oz northern. I was on the dock and had a fun fight. I also caught a smaller northern. Friday I found the crappies and had fun. Honestly I did not fish on saturday I stayed in the cabin watched movies and kept my cat warm.

Hope