• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

News Flash G. Loomis to quit selling rod blanks

Rodmaker, I believe you can get them right from St. Croix but not 100% sure.

I think I might end up purchasing a few of the more popular Loomis blanks soon and sell them back to you guys in a few years, at a slight profit of course. wink

BTW, they will make the blanks thru the end of the year so there is no shortage right now.

Two things here.

I sent St. Croix an e-mail asking them about direct purchases on rod blanks from them.

I also sent G.Loomis an e-mail asking them what happens now if I break a rod, and blanks are no longer available to the public.(warranty wise how they plan to take care of this).

I'll post after I get a reply

An update from G. Loomis. I rec. an e-mail from them today. Still no decision on how they are going to handle warranties on blanks after 12/31/09.

They will have one of their Supervisors contact me next week.

I'll let all of you know.

Loomis still hasn't determined how they are going to handle this. (AS far as warranty coverage)

They will let me know in the next week, and I'll post their response as soon as I get one.

Thanks for looking into this, it will be good to know!! My dad just built a HSR9000 a few weeks ago! Leaving for Canada Sunday! grin

As you know , he will love the HSR 9000. Hopefully they will honor their blanks. I want a GLX HSR 9000 grin

I'll check back with them Wed. I would guess there will be some coverage. (maybe not as good as what they have now) who knows. To be honest, I thought I would get an answer right away. But it seems thingsare up in the air. I

I received info from G. Loomis yeasterday. Here is what they are going to do.

Beginning Jan 1, 2010 G. Loomis will issue customers w/a defective blanks the following warranty choice:

1) a credit for the retail value of the blank(to be used on any GL item)

or

2) 50% off the finish rod that is most similar to the warrantied blank.

I'm trying to get verifiacation on # 1 asking them if we choose, can we get another blank and re-build. I'll get back when I hear a reply.

Here's an update reguarding my post above. From G. Loomis

"It sounds like after Jan 1, 2010 you won't be receiving a blank as a replacement."

With that said ,

I guess it is time to start building on St. Croix Legend Elite.