• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog won't poop

BigDaddy

I have a 3 month old GSP. She's been healthy and regular, [PoorWordUsage]ing several times a day. Now it's the second day that she hasn't gone. Plus, she's really tring. She pushes and pushes but nothing comes out.

Any ideas?

My sister's 6 month old lab ate a sportsbra and had the same issue. Some how the dog was able to shallow the thing in one piece. The vet had to remove it. She was not able to pass it. I would get the dog to the vet. Notice anything missing around the house?

Thanks everyone for your tips. I called home earlier today and she WENT! Then she came in and was pawing at her bowl to eat.

I'll continue to watch her closely but I think that everything is OK.

I have days like that................... confused.gif

Seriously, the dog sounds constipated. No big deal.It probably ate some particularly fibrous grass.

If it were torsion, you'd know it. I had a dog die of this a while back. Horrible. Bloody. Fast. Violent and very sad.

I'm glad she went! Humorously I wish we had your problem. Ella is a [PoorWordUsage]ing machine and making it difficult to house train her. grin.gif Although this might not have been a big deal, a trip to the vet (a good one) is always a safe bet.

------------------
chunky