• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moon & the Mill

I really lucked out yesterday evening when I set out to capture this old, long abandoned windmill with the full moon rising. Over the years, I have put forth a good effort in and around this windmill, mostly during sunrises and sunsets. This was the first attempt to capture it during a fullmoon scenario. The location of the moon could not have been better as it gave me clear and unobstructed view of this scene.

Another awesome bit of good fortune was the ever so thin layer of clouds laying low over the distant horizon. Clouds have such a postive effect on subjects, especially the sun & moon.

IMG_2395-1.png

IMG_2404-1.png

Thanks all! Sorry for the slow response However, I've had my hands full of late keeping an eye on and attempting to do some flooding proofing to ward off the Red of late. Massive ice jams are once again reeping havoc for many property owners north of the City of Winnipeg! This is nothing new, for more time than not, ice jams consisting of ice measuring three feet thick or more take place on this portion of the Red years after year!

Unfortunately this year the damage to some home & property along the Red have sustained major damage. Reports are stating that some homes were actually hit by huge chunks of causing extremely extensive damage.

I'll post a few pic's as soon as I can gather them. I'll post them on the Red River thread...

That would be frightening. I have really only had one ice jam here since I moved on the river 12 years ago. But the chunks were nothing like those you describe, and never actually left the banks. I'm sure we will all be thinking of you and waiting until you have time for the more pleasant photos again.