• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OHV rental, trails question?

thorski

Hello,

I just returned from a snowmobile trip along the North Shore with my wife and kids (the kid's first trip). The kids really enjoyed it. On the way home from our trip I got to thinking it might be a fun summer vacation to find a spot in northern MN where we could rent some two-up 4 wheelers and ride the trails just like on snowmobiles. Does anyone have an suggestions as to where we could go and do this? Or where I can go on the internet to get some info? We have a camper, so I would like to be able to find a campground that has access to a trail system. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank-you.

Can a person ride ATVs on the snowmobile trail along Lake Superior? I have always wanted to do that, but I thought it was probably illegal.

Unless the snowmobile trail is designated for ATVs also you cannot ride on them.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate it. I did some more searches on the internet and got some pretty good ideas/leads. This will be me and my families first trip to go atving. We are all excited.

I wonder how much this new hobby is going to cost me?

all depends on what you get if you get a used 300 2x4 it will cost 1500 to 2000 and if you get a set of can am 800 it will cost you 20000

coombia21- Thanks for the info but I was being a little sarcastic. I doesn't seem like there is anything, as far as a hobbie goes, that is cheap anymore. My son is in cub scouts and his first pinewood derby is this weekend......I had no idea how involved that could get! Wow! And I thought is was just a block of wood with nails for axles and plastic wheels. There are people who make it a profession! I am sure we will be outclassed, but my son and I are having fun with it. Thanks.