• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Redwing was a bust but... (6 pics)

Dukhnt and I went to Redwing today in hopes of finding some eagles. We saw a few but nothing that was doing anything or in range for that matter. On the way there and back we stopped at Memorial Park in Shakopee and Blackdog Road and were able to find some subjects. Enjoy.

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=413.jpg

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=414.jpg

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=416.jpg

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=417.jpg

One young Eagle

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=418.jpg

and a pair of pintails! Cropped quite a bit but still.. Pintails!!

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=420.jpg

At least you came back with some real keepers. Nice coloring in the mallards, in the first shot. Even that feather does something for me, the way it's floating so effortlessly. The eagle looks all wet. He must have just come out of the water. I'm surprised you captured a pair of pintails. They're not something I even see that often, let alone this early in the year. I enjoyed the series. Well done.

Nice photos Mike. It was still great to be out, even without the eagles. Hopefully get some of my pics up later but maybe not today. Gonna do some wiring. Oh, and the 1st one is my favorite.

Hey, thanks Everyone for the nice comments. I saw that feather floating and right away I knew it was going to be a cool image. I'm glad that others liked it as well. I only wish that the pintails had been closer so I could have gotten some good images of them.

mmeyer if you have a boat, I was in Red Wing today just down river about a mile from Colvil Park I saw four nests. The mating pairs were really in action over the river. They were within a 100 yards of me while I was fishing. Pretty cool.