• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some Kind of Carp I Think

DEADhead is dead on. I would say that these particular carp produce an incredible amount of damage. The are a risk to boaters as well. The can really hurt a person on boat going 20mph+.

silver carp are the ones that jump. thats y i am saying all on the water recreation would stop if the sivers got here.

but we are mainly talking about the bigheads

They look like they can do alot of damage.

Illinois Bowfishers member Darin Opel shot a 92.5-pound bighead carp, apparently the second biggest bighead documented in the United States, from the Mississippi River near Alton on Sunday, May 4.

2467644845_299e6bd2f6.jpg

USGS scientist Duane Chapman found only one bigger bighead in the United States, and only a couple in the world: ``I only know of one larger fish captured in the USA, from a lake in N. Texas. It was, apparently, 93 pounds. There is a bighead carp over 100 pounds in a museum in Pakistan, and Fauna Sinica makes mention of a fish of greater than 45 kg, which would be right at the hundred pound range.''

carp king. there are ways to do it. 1 way includes many dangling hooks aroun a method feeder, and mashing a banana around the feeder. the banana will like release small particals slowly for a while and bigheads and silvers will come and feed on the particals. and with any luck one of those hooks will snag one of them