• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tail cam

Gofishleech

i just bought the newest stealth-cam dijital trail - cam.

when i went in to get one the one i was going to buy were sold out. (when i am ready to buy something i hate waiting fo it and want it now so i took a chance and got what i thought would be the next best thing. it is out in the woods tonight and will take pics but i have been un-able to view pics on the view finder of the unit, also the menu options either no not work or its me. anyway the thing was not cheap and me and my son went 1/2s on it and where wondering if we made a mistake.

my question is, i would like your opinons on the best trail cams on the market, not nessesarly the most expensive but i am 1/2 hour from a photo developer so i need a dijital. i also need something that is easy to operate, i was going get the cuddy-back just cause i seen a few good remarks here but im just guessing

thanks

i just return my digital stealth to cabelas they will eat up batteries like crazy and i mean real bad on batteries.i got a new leaf river digital cam with viewing screen.herd good reports on this camera.there are a few hunting web sites that have camera reviews on there forums.that talk about them.huntingnet.com go to the forums and go to the bow hunting section. i know this will get deleted because of the link but oh-well or e-mail me sabbachl at aol dot com overall return that one

I have a couple friends with the stealth digital camera and they have battery issues with them. I hear that's very common. I've heard of issues with the cuddleback camera too.

There's a fair amount of info on the internet about building your own trail cameras. I've had a film camera for years but decided it was time to go digital. After doing lots of reading and talking to lots of people that have cameras, I decided to build my own digital trail cameras.

So far I've built one trail camera, and it's hanging on a tree in the woods as you read this. The other one will get finished this week and put out this weekend.

The Passive Infared Sensor (PIR) is the key to building your own camera. I got mine from PixController - there's a lot of good info on their HSOforum. There's also some good info at Jesse's Hunting Page, although that tends to pertain more to film cameras and be a little outdated.