• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My favorite mug

I took this one during the Jan/Feb Challenge, but didn't use it as my entry. I was playing with my new lens, getting a feel for focal points, etc. I have a little bit of black granite in my kitchen, which I used as the backdrop for this shot.

3327929621_5557820e95_o.jpg

Yuk, colored coffee! Nice shot though, But I wonder how you would get everything in focus? Perhaps the pros will chime in with some info, That reminds me I have to go ouyt and shoot a few pics, New camera 8 months ago, 100 pics, pretty bad

Yuk, colored coffee! Nice shot though, But I wonder how you would get everything in focus?

The top is the froth from my latte. I have a pressure espresso maker at home. smile

As far as gettin the whole thing in focus - I mainly wanted the word "Coffee" to be in focus, so in that respect, I achieved my goal. I played around with different settings, and distances from the mug to get what I wanted.

Please take no offense girl, I just thought it was such a unusual looking mug that I and only I would like to see it in all it's glory. I am no means even considered a ametuer photog or speller lol, So therefore I will just sit back and look and keep my fingers off the keyboard

Neat shot!

machohorn, you'd get the whole cup (or a lot of it) in focus by stopping down the aperture. To do that, you adjust the aperture so the number is larger (f22 is more stopped down than f5.6). Sounds weird that a larger number makes a smaller aperture, but there you go.

The more you stop down, the deeper your in-focus range, but it also will decrease your shutter speed, which makes it very hard to hold the camera steady, so when stopping down that much it's best to put the camera on a tripod and use a remote shutter release or the camera's self timer.

Thanks Steve,I may have to ste a trip up with you when I hit the big V in July so you can help me out. I'm pretty slow and reading directions is just Blah Blah Blah, I need hands on. ok enough bout me, Nice colored coffe pic girl

X- I used my new 85mm 1.8 lens. I am still getting used to it, but I like what I have seen so far. I still have problems when it comes to action shots, though. Track season is coming up, so it'll get a workout then, along with my 55-250 lens.

Data - ISO 800, f1.8, 1/160 sec.

machohorn, I learn best by playing with different settings, and taking a ton of pictures. I had the opportunity to meet Dbl and Yakfisher this winter, and learned a lot just by chatting with them. I even learned more about flying that evening than I ever thought I would. I thought farmers were bad when they got together! gringrin

I think someone is addicted to coffee.

My kids call it an obsession. Funny, 15 years ago I wouldn't touch the stuff. grin

This photo shows why I love this mug. It has a great retro feel with the fonts and colors used. It fits perfectly in with the rest of my kitchen decor. I have seven metal signs, vintage table cloths, and various antiques and collectibles that have to do with baking, eating, or coffee.

3329329342_d511df1183_o.jpg

Now, I have to go put everything back in its place before the kids get home. They just don't understand this other obession I seem to have picked up... grin

I had the opportunity to meet Dbl and Yakfisher this winter, and learned a lot just by chatting with them. I even learned more about flying that evening than I ever thought I would. I thought farmers were bad when they got together! gringrin

That just can't be! Pilots never talk airplanes when they get together gringringringringrin We did talk about cameras for a bit....didn't we???????? Hard to remember with all that...umhhhh pilot talk.

machohorn, I learn best by playing with different settings, and taking a ton of pictures. I had the opportunity to meet Dbl and Yakfisher this winter, and learned a lot just by chatting with them. I even learned more about flying that evening than I ever thought I would. I thought farmers were bad when they got together! gringrin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I almost spit water out my nose!

Those are great chicks! I like the first one the best, probably because of the shallow depth of field. I do like the way you set up that second one also.

That even looks like you a little, on that sign. grin

Let me know when the 1st track meet is and maybe I'll join you and give it a shot myself.

What??????