• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Secret Word?

FishinChad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well got out to the lake today and when that slabtastic fish came up the hole i realized i forgot the ruler. cry The fish were on fire today and my hands were so wet all the time from touching fish they were cold in 35 degrees! I still snapped a few pics and hopefully i'll remember the ruler sunday. Good luck fishing this weekend.

well I will start it off with my entry.

Caugt these two last night.

14 1/2 inch crappie

9 3/8 inch bluegill

nothing huge but decent fish

3352857725_38ec03ac51.jpg3353729310_ec4cd42aac.jpg3353757076_4ff6052ddb.jpg3353756888_1c7ef49466.jpg

bear with me on the pics had to take them myself with a self timer on a cell phone...my good camera is on the fritz

I'm glad to hear a few people got out. I missed out on some bigger fish, found a tough bite, and never even got to tangle with any sunfish.

Did pop a few of these:

slabtastica.jpg

slabtasticb.jpg

12" crappie on one of those frabill 12" plastic crappie measuring boards.

I gotta say, trying to mess around in the dark of night with a fish and a tape measure and a camera is a challenge. Things are a little tough but all you FMers just have to do the best that you can. If you can't pinch the tail and the mouth, it's okay. I had trouble getting it to work simultaneously. We're not in it for the payouts, so I think we can go with the honesty policy.

We'll try to take entries for a week (until we release the next secret word) for this particular weekend. If you missed out on this weekend there will be a new word for, knock on wood, at least the next 3 weeks, maybe more.

Great job to allfor getting out and giving it a try! Love the enthusiasm to try something new!

well I missed the secret word and then forgot the camera but I did catch a ice season best that measured 13 1/4" so I was happy with that!!! Nice fish guys and if 14.5 is nothing huge then I need to either set my standards higher or fish around Henning!!

well I guess I said it isn't huge because I have gotten two this year that were bigger and I know there are bigger ones in the lake that I fish...I can't wait till ice out to get them monster shallow water slabs!

In honor of the NCAA tournament, we're going with a phrase: March Madness Bulls!

Best of luck to all. Last week's deadline for submissions has past so I'm declaring OTBasser the winner in both categories, thanks to Matthothand for submitting some beautiful crappie entries...We need some sunfish to be entered this weekend!!!!

Wish I could be on the water but I've got out of state plans. OTBasser I'll get those jigs in the mail real soon. Just to clarify, I offered up the jigs since I forgot to post a word the first weekend...since it's coming out of my tackle box I want to keep my jigs so you're playing for pride this weekend! Good luck-get your kicks in on the hardwater before things open up.