• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow up by Outing?

leech~~

We put on a couple hundred miles in the area last weekend and it was pretty good. There was not alot of riders so it should still be good. The wide open areas and bogs were the worst due to the sun. It the woods the trails were nice. We rode through Remer, Hill City, Outing, Fifty Lakes and Palisade areas. The road ditches were pretty beat. Have fun.

The Emily to Crosby to Crosslake area last weekend wasn't too bad, we went out on Sunday afternoon. Lots of people had been riding, and trails were pretty bumpy, but not brown yet. Hopefully this heatwave won't hit too bad up there, but it looks like its going to be warm...

Sibb, thanks for the update. I have noticed the last time I was up, there seemed to be a little more Snow above Outing where we are coming up to tonight, then down by Cross. I hope there is a little left for one last trip anyway?. frown Leech~~

I talked to a friend's dad who lives up there last night and it was in the 50's yesterday. They were out fishing in long sleeve shirts. I would guess the trails won't last long if the temp stays up there for too long.

Man, just got back from 2 very nice days of riding. smile Temps did not go up higher then 28+ Sat or today and it was only 10 above this morning up on Washburn lake where we were riding. The snow on the trails in the woods was still good and groomed well. We did not see one other sled out there, except a few guys that were ice fishing on a little lake way back in the middle of no where. I wanted to go down there and see how they were doing but had my wife and my buddies wife riding along, and didn't want to be the Yahoa's that came diving up on the guys out having a good fishing outing! So if it cools back down or they get a hair more snow it could be good one more weekend? Leech~~

Just down by Crosslake was a no-go. But you could see how it was getting better as you drove north, all the way up. Supposedly we will be hit good tomorrow. We shall see smile I hope so, would like to get another ride in, even a short one.

Glad you had snow and fun leech!

I was there too and the only snow I found was in the woods. Trails looked like they were toast. frown

Rock hard "snow", and not much of it at all. Tough on snowmobiles for enough lube/cooling. Ventured back in the bush and saw some deer and a timberwolf eyeing a herd of deer. Love venturing in the middle of nowhere. grin

ChuckN, getting back and riding in the woods to see what you did is what I like. I hate riding ditches and crossing tar roads. We rode from the top of Washburn lake towards Remer and in the woods and lakes we had good snow on the trails, but a few corners? Thanks BoxMN!