• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Name help, PLEASE

duckbuster

OK forum brotheren I need some help. I have a new black male puppy coming home in a couple of weeks and I can not come up with a name I can live with yet.

The fathers name is Clubmeads Road Warrior, call name Chopper. I would like to incorporate Road Warrior or Chopper into the name if possible.

Can you throw some suggestions at me?

Thanks!!!

FC / AFC future NAFC wink

Road Warrior's American Chopper call name "Paul" after the owner of OCC

or

Clubmead's Long Rake Chopper call name 'Sturgis' - 'Skinny' - 'Rake' - 'Chopper' - 'Forks' - 'Helmet' - 'Pipes' etc...

I love using call names that are used very infrequently so people ask what prodded the name... plus it is nice to not have to run into a situation where another hunter or handler is trying to control their dog of the same name. I hate when you are hunting with 2 'Shadows' or 'Harleys' and one guy is really working his dog over by yelling at it and the other dog is confused and like ' what am I doing?'.

Have fun naming him...

Good Luck!

Ken

Sometimes once you have them, they almost name themselves. When we fist got our Brit, he was scratching and trying to dig at stuff right off the back. We started calling him Digger and the name stuck. From time to time he has lived up to his name. grin Unless you find a name that just sounds great, (which some of the suggestions do), I would wait till you have him home. Good luck.

THANKS for the help.

LABS, I like what you threw out there. I also like the possible use of the Harley-Davidson name.

One that I had thought about was Road Warriors Fatboy and just call him Rufus.

Have any of you watched the movie with Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner called Open Range? I threw this name out to the family,

Road Warriors Open Range, call name Boss after Duvall's character name. That one didn't get a very good response from the kids.

Matt, you know a friend of mine up in St. Cloud is also getting one of these and he said the same thing. "You have to wait until you see him and get him home."

I don't know, I just want to get this name thing behind me, settle on it and move forward.

Anyway, Please continue to throw your idea's out there. I certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

LABS, do you know the stud this puppy is coming from, Clubmeads Road Warrior?

FC / AFC future NAFC wink

Road Warrior's American Chopper call name "Paul" after the owner of OCC

or

Clubmead's Long Rake Chopper call name 'Sturgis' - 'Skinny' - 'Rake' - 'Chopper' - 'Forks' - 'Helmet' - 'Pipes' etc...

I love using call names that are used very infrequently so people ask what prodded the name... plus it is nice to not have to run into a situation where another hunter or handler is trying to control their dog of the same name. I hate when you are hunting with 2 'Shadows' or 'Harleys' and one guy is really working his dog over by yelling at it and the other dog is confused and like ' what am I doing?'.

Have fun naming him...

Good Luck!

Ken

DB...

Don't knbow much about him other than he is a NFC. Due to personal reasons, I have really fallen by the way side as far as keeping up with the competitive dog world.

I hear his off spring are super markers and doing awesome in Derbies, that is what I like to hear... the rest can be taught!

On another tact as far as a name goes (away from the cycle thoughts):

'Duckbuster's Attack Chopper' call name "Huey"

I love thinking up dog names...

Good Luck!

Ken

Have any of you watched the movie with Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner called Open Range? I threw this name out to the family,

Road Warriors Open Range, call name Boss after Duvall's character name. That one didn't get a very good response from the kids.

Then they probably wouldn't like Blue Bonnet then neither. grin

Great movie.

Don't have much help for you on call names though. People love em or not.

Have to go let Jessie, my white lab in now. Yeah, the one I named after this blonde I once knew. wink