• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How are you loading the Hornady 35gr. V-Max Bullet??

My bad, I didn't even come close to answering your question did I..... When I was reloading the 40 grainers for the 22-250, I used varget, I don't think that was the best idea, I needed a max load to get it dialed into to a small group. I think maybe a faster burning powder would do better, pushing that small of a little pill, especially in the 22-250, that case holds a lot more powder than a 223.....what reloading book are you looking at? My Hornady Manual doesn't even list 35 grain vmax for any of the calibers you listed.....have you checked their HSOforum?

Saw some Hornady 32 Gr. for the .204 Ruger today. But I've never seen them smaller than a 40 Gr pill for .223.

I shoot the 40 Grain V-Max in my .223. I've been impressed with the performance so far. According to the ballistics on the box, they're estimated at 3800 fps.

Hopefully they work out for me this weekend. grin

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have not really looked for a "Factory Load" pushing this bullet. I just happened to see them the other day and decided to buy a box. Then I discovered that it is not listed in any of my manuals.

Picksbigwagon, I have several (to many) manuals I draw my information from Nosler, Barnes, Sierra, Hornady, Lyman, Lee, Hodgdon & 3 or 4 specialty manuals. Some are almost 20 years old but still valuable. I was down in the cities yesterday and tried to look up that place in Minnetonka. But I got lost and turned around and in doing so I ran out of time and had to get to a meeting at 7:00 PM in Blaine.

Maybe next time I guess. I really wish I could have gotten there though I stopped at the Big C in Rogers, GM in Maple Grove and Blaine none of them had any small rifle primers or powder. In fact Gander has removed ALL its reloading supplies and equipment from Saint Cloud, Maple Grove & Blaine. GREAT!!!!! madfrownmad

Anyway back to topic,

I plan on loading up some rounds this weekend with this 35gr bullet to see how they shoot from the .223 Rem. I have some W748, AA 2015 & IMR4064 to try out.

Info I have gathered from some other shooting forums have posted good results.

All this dang snow might delay the trips out to the range though.

4064 really? wow, that is a long grain of powder, I have some for the 243 but I don't like the length of the grains.....

Have you looked alliant's or hodgdon's sites to see what powders they might recommend? I have done that before.............

Yeah, gun stop is kind of hard to find, I get there off of highway 62 since I am coming up north on 494. Do a map quest for their address. They have a lot of stuff in one little store.

Good luck with the 35's and let us know how it goes. I was talking to a friend last night and we both agreed that we need some trigger time to free up some brass we have sitting around loaded........kind of like a never ending cycle