• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Gogebic Guides?

Greg and Brandon can answer for sure, but I lived in Bessemer for 15 years and do not recall any guiding service. I'm sure some of the local resorts (Fishermans, Gogebic Lodge) have some guys that'll take you out and set you up, but I'm not 100% sure.

Well, I'm not too sure on who calls themselves "guides" for LG... There a few of us out there who can point you in the right direction and save you some cash at the same time. First, what species are you targeting? When are you planning on coming? Etc...? Let me know and I will see if I can help out! How's things goin Nate?

I actually did a search on "LG guides" and within 50 miles of the lake I found 1 person. It says that he guides for walleye and/or perch and that he is liscensed. Email me if you'd like that info. Thanks.

Quote:
How's things goin Nate?

Things are good Brandon, got married in October, moved to the big city and have been enjoying this part of the adventure. How are things going in the UP? I'm hoping to make it up in March to fish, but scheduling is going to be tough since I'm coming up for walleye opener and if I get drawn for a turkey tag I'll be up for that too.

Good to hear. I got engaged and getting married this summer (atleast that's what I am told). Things are going well here. Been doin pretty well w/the perch this year w/a few exceptions. Haven't got a 2 pounder yet though. frown Sunday I got one that was an ounce short! There'll be pleanty of time for that. I'm headed out this Friday and maybe Sat. too. I'll keep ya posted.

Hey hawk. Gonna be a good time I'd say. The snow situation is pretty bad on the East shore and not too bad on the West. We're supposed to get some warm weather this weekend and its descent today...sunny and windy. Hopefully those variables will knock the snow down some! I've heard people talking about as much as 2 feet on the East.. frown

WE have new tools in the moving around department, thats not a problem. Longer days and sunny make a great perch bite.

if you send email so we can chat kmaderatfrontiernetdotnet

Fish On

Jesse, hope to see you out there and will help when I can. I bet TO would ever have something to add.

How are the ice and snow conditions?

I'm going to kill 2 birds with one stone up in the area in the near future. Going to rent a place so I can snowboard one day and ice fish for a day or two.

I'd like to get on some of them big perch, I don't even want to keep any just see them in my own hand lol. If anyone could point me in the right direction or have any pointers that would be awesome.

Nice, they should protect those jumbos. Is there any night bite on this lake for the eyes?

I see Indian Head has a deal where if you buy a 3 day lift ticket you get 3 days lodging for free. They close the runs at 4pm so after that would be the best time for me to fish. I'd still skip a morning or afternoon of boarding for some fishing though.