• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

URL 2/20-21

Just thought I'd throw an invite out there to see if anyone is interested in meeting up on URL? I've got a 4some and a sleeper from Club Red for the weekend. His sleepers are smaller and not as fancy as Paul's but, I'm only interested in fishing, not frills. I'm taking punch and well.....ok, just punch.

me too....you girls cracked me up!

While the bite wasn't exactly spectacular, the friendship, food, wedding punch, and fun made up for it. I laughed so hard I think I sprained my rib cage. Hmmm, maybe it is from drilling holes right down to the surface of the ice? Need to get an extension for the old auger. I have your hat momma T. Oh yeah I left around dark, was loading up, tripped and spilled the minnows all over the ice. Too dang cold to pick them up, now I have to go buy more. cry

I was working on some of the pics, these are all from my phone

Shelly (you really need to get more rest, you look a little tired)

Sheely.jpg

Mother T trying as hard as she can

Teresa-1.jpg

Neat little ice shack, it was painted like this on both sides

iceshack2.jpg

Sunset on Red

sunset2.jpg

sunset1.jpg

I did get an 18 1/2" on Friday night and before I left on Sunday an 8, 12, 13" all released. Never hit a perch or a northern.

Teresa I gave you a call on Friday about 6:15 but nobody answered and it said that voicemail wasn't set up yet so I couldn't leave a message.

Me and the knuckleheads from St. Paul did ok on Wednesday in shallow (9ft) just north of Hillman's road and better on Thursday when Pat moved us North and a little deeper (10.5 ft). Then on Friday Pat moved us out to deeper water (15 ft) and we got skunked. We had a nice breakfast of fryed walleye Friday morning and took home 5 walleyes and one perch Saturday.

We drank, ate ribs, drank and bbq'd brats, drank and had fish for breakfast, drank some more and grilled up some beef tenderloin and had many a good laughs. I would have to say it was another succesful trip to Red.

Teresa couldn't get cell service so we were just using my phone and another gals. We drank, ate burgers, drank, ate soup, drank, ate grilled cheese and ham sammies, and yeah we did a little (a lot) of fishing. We actually only had 2 eyes in shallow and he moved out 8 miles on Saturday and it was slow but a little better.

Hey Chaff...sorry to have missed you. We did do much better once we got out a ways. We went home happy and my son reaped the rewards with fish dinner Monday night. The perch were as tasty as the walleye. You don't realize how much you have drank until you go to pack up and only find 2 beers....darn, we sure had fun. Pat and his son in law stopped by after their happy hour on Friday night, and I think they were having some fun of their own. I love the guy.....and he was nice enough to move the wheel house back out to help us out. We may join him again in March when he calls to tellus the crappie bite is on. Not a single crappie this trip.....and we used to just kill them a few years ago. But....the better news, no eelpout either. Did you happen to visit the festival on your way through?

Quote:
Did you happen to visit the festival on your way through?

No, what festival?

This is our first year that we didn't catch any crappies. I'm not sure what year we started coming up to Red but the limit was 15 and we would stay at Marcy's Cottages on shore back down behind the airport and go out with our portables. Back then not to many people had sleepers for rent and I believe the Waskish Minnow Station was still open selling minnows the first year we came up. Since then I have gone out of about 4 different places renting sleepers and they all have been good people. I would like to come up in March and chase those crappies but I am planning on going after some lake trout. Good luck to you if you do go back!