• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you practice with your Muzzleloader in the off season?

Pickelfarmer

I try to shoot 3-4 times before the season starts. Shoot 5-10 shots a time, just to get the feel of the gun again. I feel I am more confident in my shooting abilities when I shoot it more frequently.

With it being an open sight gun, I spend a lot of time shooting the .22. Just the repetition of shooting makes you better. Like anything, the more you practice the beetter you will be.

You can do as WW said above and probably be ok.

What gets me is the people who buy one and shoot them for the first time at a deer. No practice??? [PoorWordUsage]???

I found out this year that it pays to get the guns out and do some practice shooting... I started this season without trying it and could not hit the broadside of the barn. As soon as I took some time and practiced I finally got my deer... Or was it just luck... Probably.

All the time, I live back in the woods you see, the women and the kids and the dogs and me smirk If you get into the loose powder and experiment with different loads its a lot of fun.

I can consistently hit a small paper plate at 50 yards with open sites off the woodpile in the back yard. the key is the more you shoot the more you learn the gun the better you get.