• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well it was an interesting day, set up in the dtand by spot and had a flag within 10 minutes and off to weigh in my 3lb pike. Lasted about an hour in 5th place then got bumped. 2 more flags within the first hour and nothing to show. Nothing after that. Great turnout though.

Cheffrey

We got a cabin on Lake Neb. and since its not winterized we never make it up there in the winter but are thinking about making a trip up there this year anyways.

We can find fish in the summer but have no idea were to go this time of year. Without giving away your hotspots can you give me a general idea where to start?

Crappies/sunnies and maybe northerns are what we would be after.

Thanks

so whos all goin to go to the fisherama this year i have a group between 20 and 25. Cheffey were is youre cabin at we have one out there over were county road B is we were out there this weekend tryed by our cabin and over by frazer point 1 small northern that was it

Thanks, I'm new to the area (moved here last yr) and might have to hit it, good way just to meet other fisherman and get some pointers on local lakes. This is a raffle type contest? Do you have any idea what the prizes are for fish caught? What would you recommend fishing for? Northern and crappies? Well hopefully it's good weather and I can make it to check it out.

Contest is a fundraiser for the Lions Club. Good raffle prizes , few hundred bucks for largest fish. think it pays back 3 places. I never fished it , but we have a permanent shack on Nebagamon. Fishing has been very good this Winter on Nebagamon, Upper Eau Claire and the Gordon Flowage.

Thanks Cabin for the info. Is it called the Gordon Flowage or St. Croix Flowage? We were there Sat for the first time and did very good. I've been fishing Upper St. Croix in Solon and it's been slow for me. I've only fished Nebagamon once out in front of the access by the Dairy Queen and got 2 crappies in 33ft. Wasn't really sure of where to go, never fished it before but will have to spend a few more days there and move around as it looks like a good size lake with alot of potential. Thanks again for the info.

We call it the Gordon Flowage, or Lower St. Croix. Gordon Flowage has been good since first ice.. Easy limits of 8 inch gills the first two weeks of the season. I quit fishing it after it got crowded. It has been hammered hard. Thousands of Gills taken at Tuversons. I hear they are getting smaller. You might be able to catch bigger Gills at Chicago Bay.

cabin were is youre perminete at we have a cabin out there on nebagamin were out last weekend with only a couple fish we were by frazer point goin back this weekend and goin to fish the fisharama we will have a red blazer out there stop by say hi if u see use we will have a group of close to 20 there

Cabin, your right, it was the1st time I have been to Gordon Flowage Sat and we caught gills nonstop but they ran small. We managed 25 7+ but there was alot 4-6 inches. We were out in front of access at Tuvesons as that looked like the only spot people were fishing and didn't know where it was safe to go. Where is Chicago bay from there? Can you drive vehicle to it? I bought a Sportsman connection book, it says Chicago bay but doesn't show it on the map. Can you help me (point it out)? I would appreciate it.

Go past Tuversons, stay on Flowage drive to the public access. Chicago Bay is across the Lake. It is the large Bay West of Bubar Island. You should be able to just follow the tracks out from the public landing. Have you tried the North end of Upper St.Croix off Prevost drive? Good at times for Gills and sounds like you live in Solon?