• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks, I take it you can drive a vehicle over there? So go out on public access and vere west and south across lake to big opening. There is a little island in the middle with a narrow towards the east shore. Should I stay north west of that and go behind it into the bay? So on the map, Tuvesons is before the islands in the middle of the lake before the public access? Thanks again for your help. I've tried that spot off Prevost but seems I'm always in too many weeds. Caught a few there, but I have had better luck in a 20ft hole on the East side just north of the island. Got some real nice sunnies and gills there along with crappies. Some 10 inch sunnies there. I live in Superior. Moved here last year. Do fish the Upper St.Croix alot though, had my best luck there with good size. Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can drive a vehicle to Chicago bay. Follow the tracks out. Yes, veer West and South. I usually fish South of that little Island in 8-10 feet of water. Yes, Tuversons is before the Public access. Should be no problem driving out,unless they piled snow in front of the access.

Cabin, really appreciate the help. Thinking about going out tomorrow morning as I don't work until 1pm. Might have to give that spot a try or going to Upper St. Croix, both crappies and sunnies there. I'll post my results on the Douglas Lakes Reports (or let you know here too). Thanks again.

Buddy was out on Nebagamon yesterday. The ice conditions were not good. He got his truck stuck trying to drive to the shack. I was going this morning, but think i will wait until it warms up. You should wait until someone makes a good trail out to Chicago Bay, unless you have a plow. I live on a small lake in Barnes. I was out walking on it yesterday, snd it was tough. Crust, 10-14 inches of snow and then slush.Good luck

I left by 7 am yesterday, so i didn't get this advice. I got to the public access to get to Chicago bay and i was debating about driving out. There were few tracks and they were old and snow blown over. The thing that worried me was the thickness of the ice as I have a 3/4 ton. Well started out and I could see a few spots where it looked slushie and people were stuck, must have been the day before. I made it out though no problem and was relieved when I drilled a hole and it was 20+ inches. About 10 am here come a truck with a plow. I was in 10ft and did real well. Do you know anything about driving on Upper St. Croix? I know before the weekend there was travel all over there with no problem.

Cabin,

I have a cabin in Barnes also which lake? On MLK weekend I fished Bony and got 3 flags 1 small pike released and that was it only 3 or 4 inches of snow no slush. Was going to possibly try again this weekend.

Mwal

We have 10-14 inches of snow and there is slush. Catching Walleyes at dusk on Upper. Crappies and Gills were biting on Lower but that bite has slowed. This front has really shut off the fish. I would wait for conditions to improve.

Church ran late with a Baptism so i wasn't going to make it on time for the contest. I decided to adventure to Gordon Flowage and Upper St. Croix where it was very slow at both places. Could anyone let me know how the Fisherama was? Was it a good day with some fish caught?

We were on Lake Nebagamon on the 30th and 31st and caught just 6 perch on jig poles, nothing on our tip-ups. The Fisharama seemed like it went well. Two of the guys in our group got some raffle prizes, the day was nice, and there were some fish caught. I believe the largest fish was a 6+ lb northern and someone did get a nice 5+ lb walleye. It seemed like there was a lot of activity in the kids categories as well. Thanks to the Lions for a great event. We will be back next year.

Welcome aboard JKopplin, yeah we ended up with a 1# pike that day, got to play a little football on the ice. Nothing going where we were at on honeymoon point. Did get to see the eye you mentioned, thought it would win when we went by it. All in all a good day, even though the fish did not cooperate with us.

i had a group of 20 and we were over in bumble bee bay i got a 2.4 pound large mouth and that was it the winning pike came from were we were about 50 feet away was from another group and the kids pike was caught same area we were a little off. W also fished minnisung with same group didnt catch a thing there was a really fun weekend making planes to do those 2 every year with the same group. next contest we r doing is the forest lake one on feb. 27th hope to catch something there thats a big contest.