• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Two up sled comparison

GoodToGo

I am looking for a sled for my wife. It is a family sled, she is a beginner, and it must be two up, have reverse and electric start. Some sleds that I have been looking at are all 1997-ish. Polaris Trail Touring, Arctic Cat Panther, and SkiDoo Grand Touring 500. All can be had in the right price range. Usage will be mostly trail riding, some fishing/lakes riding, zero boondocking or rough riding. A kid will be on the back most of the time. Anyone know any pluses/minuses between these three sleds? Thanks.

Sorry it is not on your list but will mention anyway, but we got a yammie Venture 600 this year, and my wife loves it. Two up, nice heater and wind shields for passenger hands, nice very adjustable backrest. Reverse and electric start are necessary as you say.

Friend we rode with has 00 AC Panther (or was it Pantera?) that is two up, and has a real nice luggage rack as well. It was real nice sled. He also has a 92 Venture that his wife rides and says even that older Venture is a great sled.

Have fun searching, and especailly when you get it out on the snow! smile

I picked up a SkiDoo GT500 for this year for ice fishing and love it. Quick throttle response and not too heavy. Have done some harder trail riding and I can keep up no problem. My buddy picked up a AC 583 Pantera 2 up and my buddy was pretty happy with his purchase until we switched sleds for awhile. His is a tank and was hard for him to keep up.

goodtogo, I have had many 2 up machines, Ski doo's and Polaris's. I have a 2000 Polaris Sport Touring 550 now and it runs and rides the best out of anything I have ever had. Good power and nice riding on trails with the wife, kids, or buddies fishing. Love the sled. smile

Well, I didn't hear anything negative about any of the sleds I'm looking at, so I guess it'll come down to what's available and what I can get the best deal on. Thanks much for the feedback guys. See you on the trail.