• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You tickle me!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, I am thankful as long as I can fish, no matter the weather smile. But, off subject, I am looking extremely forward to biking this summer. And attempting muskie fishing smile.

Speaking of biking... yeah... Im actually looking forward to finishing the renovation work on my boat big time... Not just cause it means I can go fishing, but it means I have another project to finish and keep myself busy as I have two bike frames that needs to be repainted and rebuilt... ones a Trek and one's a Specialized Rockhopper...

That definitely sounds good...

I'll be doing both bikes at the same time... Just need to get the frames powdercoated, parts ordered, but will worry about that after Im done with the boat... It'll keep myself busy for sure when muskie season closes for 2009...

I am hoping to get to some cross country skiing still this winter, but it's kinda looking like a no go. Maybe I shouldn't spend so much time on here smile...nope, that's not it...work less?... smirk I kinda wanna go ice fishing right now...hmmm...

I gotta admitt I've been looking at my Stumpjumper lately too. Can wait to get back out to Lebanon Hills.

What year and type of stumpy do you have? I have a '99 hardtail that's far from stock. It was my car in college!

I've always wanted to check out lebanon Hills, but don't have people to ride with. That's pretty much the reason it's been sitting untouched for so long.

I gotta admitt I've been looking at my Stumpjumper lately too. Can wait to get back out to Lebanon Hills.

I live a few blocks from Lebanon hills - awesome place. They really have done alot of work on their trails. They are much harder and more technical than when I was riding lot.

Hovermn, I know someone who might want to go biking with you... whistle I want to make a list of all the parks in Burnsville and Eagan and hit them with the bike as soon as the ice melts and would love the company grin. I mean, I can stand all day in an ice house with you, how bad could biking be? laugh

I mean, I can stand all day in an ice house with you, how bad could biking be? laugh

Ouch! Of course, this is coming from the woman that brought video of naked men into the fish house for all to see! wink

I should mention that Lebanon Hills is a Mt. Bike Park, and said to be one of the greatest in the midwest. But, I guess after losing so handedly in the fish house, you probably have some pent emotion about that grin

I live a few blocks from Lebanon hills - awesome place. They really have done alot of work on their trails. They are much harder and more technical than when I was riding lot.

In college, I was a biking fool around Ely, Lutsen and Giants Ridge. Every day, I hit the trails 2-3 times! During the second year, I would go for a 1.5 hour ride every night before bed, down some fire roads. Home made studded tires gave me traction to run around anywhere.

Between '98-00, I flew the bike out to Seattle and did some riding out there. My buddy and I drove to Vancouver 3 times to bike Grouse Mt. which has some of the worlds most premier trails. One time, my buddy locked his keys in the car, and we biked all the way down the moutain to call for a tow truck. Going down was fun. Going up.... HURT!

Since then, I haven't done much riding at all. I used to play down at Crosby farms, but that's about it. If I was in half the shape I was in back then, I'd feel better about doing Lebanon.

IT'S WINTER IN MINNESOTA

AND THE GENTLE BREEZES BLOW

SEVENTY MILES AN HOUR

AT THIRTY-FIVE BELOW

OH HOW I LOVE MINNESOTA

WHEN THE SNOW'S UP TO YOUR BUTT

YOU TAKE A BREATH OF WINTER AIR

AND YOUR NOSE GETS FROZEN SHUT

YES, THE WEATHER HERE IS WONDERFUL

SO I GUESS I'LL HANG AROUND

I COULD NEVER LEAVE MINNESOTA

CAUSE I'M FROZEN TO THE GROUND!!