• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shots while snowing out.

I will provide you with my C&C since you specifically asked fo it. I don't really care for the sepia tone, for my tastes it is overdone especially in the white areas. It to me looks like you just added a sepia overlay.

The first two images are a bit busy, there is no focal point to the pictures. They get lost in the trees. The last shot is nice, I like the old trucks and my eye has something to keep me looking.

If I may provide you with two slightly re-worked versions of your last photo. If you don't want these up just let me know and I will remove them. Keep in mind we all have different ideas on what looks good and works, these may not be what you had in mind at all.

This is a re-worked version of your sepia tone. It is a bit more subtle, the whites are not so toned. To me you still preserve that postcard look.

453856706_4QJFA-XL.jpg

The other is a high contrast BW conversion. This shot to me just begs for a BW treatment.

453856675_L37PV-XL.jpg

I hope you don't think I'm being harsh, that is not my intent. If you ask for C&C I hope you are opening your work up for new ideas and perspectives. That is all I am trying to give you here. I applaud you for asking for C&C it is not always easy to subject your work to others thoughts, but it also is a great way to improve your work. I do like that last shot, very nice composition.

Lay it on me, I can take it and that's how I learn. smile You guys are the pros. I really like it in the black and white but I like the darker sepia better than the medium one. And for sure the first 2 look busy. thanks for the opinions.

Thanks, I normally use my Powershot X10IS but today I had the work camera in the van. I think it's a powershot A580. They may have looked better in sepia if it was bright out and not snowing. If I get back there I'll shoot the trucks again in sunlight.