• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lets see your setup

Pooh

spear, chisle, saw, house, decoys, whatever you got.

heres my stuff....everything u see have here is homemade(except the saw).

FYI the saw is made by nils and is a P.O.S. had it now 3 years (havent used it this year) cut maybe 12 holes and can no longer use it because the 3 of the teeth are messed up. 2 broke, 1 bent really bad.

pictures47021.jpg

pictures47021.jpgpictures47022.jpgpictures47023.jpgpictures47024.jpgpictures47017.jpg

8 X 8 Northlander

3183811986_c701703d6e.jpg

Inside the Northlander 1 of 2 holes with my prefered spear

3163555279_f7d830feae.jpg

Inside the Northlander with my small spear

3160781046_fb45acbcb6.jpg

4 X 6 Canvas

3064115573_8ec6f7474c.jpg

Inside the 4 X 6

3064950732_7a475aa68c.jpg

Decoys

3050691318_2cb61b9990_b.jpg

Decoy in the water

2170656288_97bf0eb934.jpg

Other than that I have a fish saw, redneck chisel, old ice tongs, a small shovel with holes in it to clean out the hole and other assorted stuff

Since pics are fun to see, here's some of my set up from last weekend.

Eskimo QuikFish III, Amish spear,

100_1412-1.jpg

decoys and ice tongs. I also have a Jiffy chisel and a Fish's ice saw.

100_1411-1.jpg

And 2 I left at home. Plus my jigging stick. Anyone want to trade for the Bear Creek on the right? I'd like to get a 6" Bear CreeK pike.

100_1413.jpg

Huey

Here is my set up from this morning. The spear and decoys are homemade, except the bear creek, and the house is a Shappel Icehouse 5000. The fish are 20 and 25 inches. The two decoys in the center worked best today, the red/white and yellow/black.

P1030856.jpg

Nice pic. Lots of cool decoys.

How do the fish like the frog decoys?

I almost bought one last wknd. Got a mini sunfish type decoy instead. It really zings through the water, but I wonder if it's big enough to attract fish.

hey Shamalex - I like your spear deign and am thinking of making one for next year myself. Are the tines 1/4 inch and the shaft 1/2 inch? Is the piece bridging the shaft and the tines all one piece or did you cut them out separately and weld them together?

thanks!

hey Shamalex - I like your spear deign and am thinking of making one for next year myself. Are the tines 1/4 inch and the shaft 1/2 inch? Is the piece bridging the shaft and the tines all one piece or did you cut them out separately and weld them together?

thanks!

Yes, the tines are 1/4" and the shaft is 1/2". I used two pieces and welded them together, like a sandwich. If you want I can put a close-up picture here.