• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery maintainer/tender

Stradic

Can anybody tell me where to buy a maintainer/tender at in the Hutch area or is there a sponsor on here who sells them and what do they run as far as cost goes???

Napa, Wally, O'Reilly, site sponsor???

Thanks fella's

I live near hutch. I couldn't find one around here. I had my sister get one from miller marine in St. Cloud. Cost was around $40. they do sell them at auto parts stores, but the one I got is made for an atv. the "box" part of it is the plug in. then all that there is is to connect the cables to the terminals and run the plug out under the seat. very nice setup. I'd maybe call Yamaha/Arctic Cat east of hutch, they might have one, otherwise st. cloud is the next closest. but I'm sure if you make some calls, you'd be able to find one closer.

Those things were flying off the shelves at Wally world here in town before Christmas. I was out there this afternoon and there was one left on the shelf. Made by Schumacher and $19.97 if I remember correctly. Phred52

I got one of the wally world ones. Couple of dumb questions. Can you connect it to the battery while it's still connected to the battery or do you need to take the battery off.

I noticed it came with a set of wires that connects to the batter and then has a quick connector plug for the unit. Do you all leave that on all the time?

Sandmannd, Yes you can connect it to the battery while the battery is connected in the unit. BUT... Plug the charger into the wall outlet last. Batteries can and do BLOW UP! The gasses from the chemical reaction are explosive and when a battery goes, they send acid ALL over, not to mention the battery case fragments. Re: the quick connector, that can stay on the battery all the time. Just be sure Red goes to positive. Phred52