• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trying to post avatar

I have read the post pinned at the top. but the last few posts were the same problem that I am having. It says

"location a required field"

No one has responded of how to fix this.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

my picture is the correct size. i'll post the picture address and maybe someone can help me.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/okstate_1/IMG_2288-1.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Go to your profile, scroll down to the avatar section, click the box that says "URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 110x150 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted)" paste your link in that space and click submit.

I am totally non-techy--but I know this can be sooooo frustrating. You aren't the first. Just for fun try Flickr as long as its free. I didn't have any problem when I joined. Best I can do.

Sarah

Oh--love your dog, by the way! Good luck!

Okay I went to my profile, checked the box next to "URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 110x150 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted)", pasted your link, clicked submit and it worked for me. Make sure you have the box checked, and that you only click on submit after you paste the link.

I appreciate all of the help, but it still does not work for me. I have used flikr, photobucket, and tinypic to use as the address. I pasted it in the correct place, I have clicked on the dot to use the avatar, and I have clicked submit. and it still tells me "location a required field" mad

So thanks for all of the help. I just won't have one. frown

Just to be sure you're doing it right, okstate, look at the screen shot below from photobucket. You need to select and copy the second line down, the one that says "direct link," and paste that into the avatar field in your HSO/FM avatar option.

3164124837_2e1a65e2da_o.jpg

You are copying the WRONG link like the guys have pointed out. The image link is used to show pictures in post. The Avatar uses a different link.

PhotoBucket and your picture look like this.

zxcaa6.jpg

Copy the Direct link and paste it like you have been doing then hit the submit button.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzef1.jpg

Sweet Pic by the way!

ok I decided to give it another try and guess what.

It still says "Location a required field"

I have pasted the correct link and clicked the correct radio button. And have clicked submit. So there is something that is stopping me from doing it. the photo is the correct size. If someone wants to do it for me let me know and I will let you.

It is not a big deal to have an avatar. but now it has become a problem as to why won't it work!

so anyway thanks for all the help.

I figured it out for you:

there is a box marked "Geographic Location: (State, Country, etc.)" fill in something here like MN or anyplace USA and then try the avatar thing. I erased mine and left it blank and got the same message you did.

That’s funny because we call our dog, “The Monster”

He is a full bred/no doubt about it/ in every sense of the word, Beagle.

If it appears to be food and he has a clear path to it….forget about it. grin He has an iron stomach though, so that is good.

This morning my wife was running late for work and I was downstairs with “the monster”. She was running out the door and forgot something. She set her waffles down and turned away for a millisecond. Next thing you know, the waffles are gone…paper towel and all smile

All I can say, is that I’ve seen that look she gave the dog before (directed at me) and I wouldn’t want to be him tonight when she gets home. grin