• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fargo Indoor Range

kingr

Which facility should I shoot at this winter? Sandhill or over at the Metro Rec Center? I'm not interested in shooting league.

Being that I just moved here, I am wondering if the extra $$ at Sandhill is worth it.

Thanks guys

King,

I've never shot at Sandhill, so I can't tell you much about that. I've been a member at LABs for almost a decade and I like it there. There are lots of good guys who are helpful and knowledgable. The thing I always hear is that if you want to shoot inside, LABS is a better choice, but if you want to shoot outdoors, Sandhills might be better. I have no idea if that's true or not, but I've heard it a bunch. For me, LABs is close, convenient, and well maintained. I'd suggest you call there, leave a message with a number to reach you at, and someone will call you back in a day or two. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to contact me here and I'll be sure you get helped out. Also, if you'd like to go up to the club and check it out, let me know- I'd be happy to take you up there and show you around.

Thanks Scoot. I may take you up on that offer here shortly. LAB's is quite a bit closer for me also.

Thanks for the advice.

Codeman, google Lake Agassiz bowhunters and Sandhill Archery and you will find their websites

Search for Lake Aggasiz Bowmen

Here's their membership info. I'd suggest a keyed membership if you can swing it (basically costs $120/year if you put in a couple hours of work for the club and return your key when you're done).

I don't know anything about Sandhills, so like king said, google them and see what you can find out.

Keyed : $175.00 per year (which includes a $40 refundable work deposit) plus $15 refundable key deposit. Membership includes a locker at the indoor range (subject to availability) and unlimited shooting anytime.

Multi-year Keyed : $390.00 (which includes an annual $40 refundable work deposit) plus $15.00 refundable key deposit extends your shooting privileges for 3 years. Membership must be paid in full and purchased during the shooting season.

One Year Shooting Pass : $70.00 allows free shooting at the indoor range during public hours.

One Year College/Junior Pass : $50.00 allows free shooting at the indoor range during public hours with a college I.D.

Scoot, Hunt,

I see that membership renewals are this week. Are either one of you guys going to be there? I'd like to start meeting some of the FMer's in the area. I think I am planning on signing up Tuesday night.

One other question, is the $175 keyed memebrship worth it of do I just get the shooting pass?

Thanks guys

king,

I won't be up there- my wife works late tomorrow. My brother is Rod Engel and he'll most likely be there- introduce yourself and tell him you know me. He'll take care of ya.

If you can swing it (money-wise), I'd recommend the keyed membership. You can also save $40 by putting in a little time at the club (they pay you pack as a refund off of your next membership). I do 90+% of my shooting over my lunch break, so a keyed membership is a must for me. If I can be of any help, let me know. Like I said before, lots of good guys who are extremely knowledgable and most are really helpful.

I am not a member but I am thinking about a keyed membership, but I don't think I will be able to make it this week. I don't work too far from there and I think it would be kind of relaxing to spend the lunch hour slinging some arrows. I plan to go out there a couple nights and try it out first before I go for the full membership.

If you guys want to figure out a time to meet over there, I'd be happy to give you a walk-through of the place. Best times for me to meet you would be at 7:00 AM, over lunch, or in the evening (probably later- like 9:00 or so on most nights). Let me know- I'd be happy to show you what the facilities have to offer.

hunt, noon shooting sessions are pretty fun up there. There's a handful of regulars who are often up there. Good guys who are fun to shoot the bull with...

I'm pretty sure I understand how it works:

If you have a keyed membership, you can go up there and shoot anytime you want, day or night (I go up and shoot at midnight or later sometimes when I can't sleep).

With the non-keyed membership, if there is a keyed member up there who will "host" you, you can shoot when they are up there. I did that the first year I was a member, but I honestly found it to be a pain in the behind.

Well if that's the case, it's probably worth the $$ to get the keyed memebership then huh?? I can meet over lunch hour or later at night. I work at 7-7:30 so i can't meet up in the morning. I would like to meet up though, keep me posted. i am going to go and sign up tomorrow as well. It's close and I need a place to shoot, enough said!

king and hunt, I'll be there today over lunch. I'll get there at about 11:45 and will stay there until at least 12:30 or a little later. I'll put a block in the door, so feel free to come in and I'll show you around the place.

The entrance to the club is in the NE corner of the Metro Rec Center. Go in the door, up the steps, and you'll find me fiddling with my bow or flinging arrows.