• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PS3 Froze

zamboni

Got it. I was about to be really really upset.

Hey are you able to play PS2 games on the PS3?

That all depends on what model of PS3 you have. Some were made with backwards compatibility and some were not. I have the first 20GB model and it does play PS2 games, but my buddy got the 60GB model and it does not. Stupid thing to do in my opinion, but I would go to the playstation HSOforum and look through there for your model and it's specs.

I recently went to a buddies and watched The Dark Knight on my PS3 using his new TV and his HDMI cable and now I cant use my Component cables at home. The screen wont come on yet I can go back to his house and use his HDMI cable and it works fine. This wouldn't be an issue but my TV does not have an HDMI hookup! I changed all the Video settings back to Component and it still wont show up on my TV but on his it does fine. Try to figure that one out lol

You need to reset the output resolution on the PS3. I had the same problem when I switched from a 1080P TV to a different TV with a 1080I resolution, both using a HDMI cable. I think it's under display settings. just match the TV's capability or less, and then you will get your picture back.

You need to reset the output resolution on the PS3. I had the same problem when I switched from a 1080P TV to a different TV with a 1080I resolution, both using a HDMI cable. I think it's under display settings. just match the TV's capability or less, and then you will get your picture back.

I did that three times lol! I brought it back to my buddies along with my component cables and switched the Video settings back to Component and it keeps saying No Signal and switches back to HDMI and it shows up like normal. It's like it tasted the good life with the HDMI cable and wont switch back! I even switched the Output to no higher than 720P so it wont use the HDMI cable and nothing. I'm pretty good with Computer and electronics but this is driving me nuts. There is absolutely no reason that it wont change back. I even tried to switch it back to the original AVI cables it comes with and it wont take either. Im lost.

I am waiting for a box from Sony to send mine in. One week after I bought it and it is a piece of junk. Playing COD: WaW yesterday, the screen would go to blue screen, but you could still hear audio playing.

I too had a problem playing my blueray disks...i got so frustrated changing stuff around and it still didnt work

finally i got P!$$3D off and changed around a whole bunch of settings not knowing what i was doing and finally it worked...then i only ended up watching half of the movie anyway.

sorry im not much help

I got my box today, but already exchanged it at Wal Mart. This one goes bad, and I am selling it. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are great, but I have no patience for something that costs $400 and is a pile of junk. Time will tell, so far I pretty much played it all day yesterday issue free.

Sony for the most part makes great products, I am just really disappointed after spending all the cash that it messed up that fast. Less than a week, I am willing to bet it might be a record for the number of hours it was being played in that week.

I am going to college starting monday, and need to get a laptop for it. I really like the Sony Vaios. Have great looks and features compared to every other one I have seen, but are a tad spendy. Not as bad as Apple laptops, but spendy nonetheless.

Just an FYI. I had mine [PoorWordUsage] out too. Apparently, according to them I had the PS3 in too tight of a space and the heat could not escape properly thus it was overheating. I returned it like zamboni and in about 5 days total I had it back. Works great now. Something to keep in mind if yours freezes up durng gameplay.