• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boreal Chickadees from the bog

I have never seen a Boreal Chickadee so it was very cool to some some great shots on such a perfect day. I have way to many to post and don't want to leave any out but here are the one's that I like the best. A big thanks to Jonny and Jay for all there work maintaining these feed stations and for stfcatfish for all the pointers.

IMG_3955pp.jpg

IMG_3959pp.jpg

IMG_4042pp.jpg

IMG_4073pp.jpg

IMG_4030pp.jpg

I forgot to add that when all the shooters left the feed station for the day it was only me shooting and a gentleman from Indiana in his car and right away the Boreals showed up after a 1 1/2 hour wait with none around. The guy said it was his first sighting of a Boreal in 30 years and was very happy and made his trip. Later on 2 Birders from Green Bay showed up and they were lucky enough to see 2 Boreals at the station at once. It seemed like they fed longer and gave a lot more opportunities for shots once the crowds were gone. There is still some good light if one waits till the sun gets by the big tree.

Jim, I have noticed too that they feed a lot heavier during the last couple hours of light. Thats when they start coming in a couple at a time and feeding heavily. They want to fill up before they go to roost.