• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Abby..

Nice! Man, does she look like our border collie Molly. We put Molly down the week before Christmas. She was 15 1/2, and every one of the 13 years we had with her were precious. smilesmile

Those BCs are smart whippersnappers, aren't they? Sweet shot. Thanks for sharing it with us. smilesmile

So sorry to hear that STF. I have two Borders. Abby, who is 4 1/2 and Sarah who is 13. Sarah has a hard time getting around these days. I'm not sure how long she'll be around, although she seems to bounce back after showing signs of her age. And yes, they are smart animals. I don't have to teach them anything. They understand English. That doesn't mean that they always listen though.

Anyways, thanks for the reply. Give it some time and then go and get another. You'll be happy that you did.

Dan

We were very lucky in Molly. She was a Humane Society shelter dog, and rare among border collies in that she didn't have to be running around doing something all the time and was happy just being mellow. Smart, but quiet. Sort of like that librarian with the chain on her glasses that knows she's a lot smarter than you'll ever be but doesn't rub it in.

Like your Sarah, Molly had her good and bad days as she got old. Some days she'd be jumping around like a pup and other days she could barely move.

About getting another one, we'll see what happens down the road.

You've got a great looking BC in Abby.