• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Gray Day... Gray Owls!"

The weather conditions certainly weren't the greatest this morning as I headed down to the "Bog" once again....but...it was worth it! grin.....A 2 Owl morning!....Two great grays perched/posed for their picture!...hard enough to see just one of these guys but to see two!...the owl gods were with me grin....just a great morning!

this great gray was at the intersection of Sax Road and Stickney(in the same general area where there was a Northern Hawkowl recently spotted but this great gray was on Sax road itself....about 150' from Stickney)

DSCN4234-1copy.jpg

this one was on McDavitt by the "4 equally spaced old tamaracs/spruces"....This guy let me get quite close!

DSCN4378-5copy.jpg

DSCN4361-8copy.jpg

DSCN4321-1copy.jpg

DSCN4360-1copy.jpg

DSCN4368-2copy.jpg

Thanks everyone!....Birdsong, I must admit it certainly was a special day....just like a christmas present today! grin...it's tough to get close to these great grays and this last one was perched about 40' away and didn't appear to be threatened by my presence at all...I took a ton of pics and it still stayed after I rolled up my window and drove off....that doesn't happen to often ...not that close anyways....certainly an encounter to remember! grin