• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone catching any trout on the Brule lately? I've never been there but heard there are some nice browns and am thinking about heading over there and trying around the mouth. Also heard some people canoe down and am wondering if there is enough water and where to start/pick up? Apprecaite and info. Tightlnes to all who venture!
redhooks

I was there 2 weeks ago and had a fine day. 22 inch inland brown was the biggest of the day. Water was somewhat low and very clear. I might be guessing here, but I think that river needs some rain to get the Lake Run Browns to come in. There have been reports of a few in the river, but a good rain will bring in more. I'm not sure about the mouth of the river though because I most often fish by HWY 2 and further south. Hope this helps.

Mike

I can't speak from personal experience but the latest issue of outdoor news has an article on night fishing browns with large flashy flies-sounds like a challenge but may be well worth it? Good Luck and tightlines!
redhooks

Jitterbugs in black or Brown and jointed seem best. Jointed raps in J-11 and J-9 sizes. Brown w/white belly or at times perch. Manns A-minus with rattles in various colors but silver with orange belly has been good. Some people have used mouses and gotten a few. Rapalas skidder pop at times and flatfish not so often.
My favorite is the J-11 because I can fish it slow on top or faster under the surface. You only need to be down 4" to a foot. What a thrill! Scifisher e-mail me with your ? [email protected]

Well Northlander had other things to do ,so it was up to me to see how the browns are hitting on the Brule.I fished Big Lake from 10p untill 1a caught 1 lake run male about 25in and several smaller resident browns.Due to the lack of rain the fish just aren't up in the river yet in any kind of #'s. Even though the fishing is slow it"s a nice peacefull place to fish,once the crowds leave shorty after dark.

Northlander

I have a meeting in Bemidji that I have to attend this Saturday. Next weekend should be all clear though. Hopefully we pick up some rain between now and then. I am going to try and check out some stuff in the day Sunday, though. Poke around mostly and learn where more of the holes are. Research.

Scifisher

I tell ya you have had two people that recently returned from the Brule, and one that has spoent the last 10 years fihing it, but I don;t believe either of us have recieved an e-mail????

Renneberg especially!!! Save yourself some time and get a hold of him!

Jim

hi guys, i bought my wis lic and i am ready to hit the brule. I don't have any idea where to start on this river, so any advice were to park, what flies are good, etc would be great! i'm a college student so when i'm not working and studying, i'm fishing. All c & r. I have a very detailed map of the river that states the holes and riffles and all that good stuff. Just need a starting point. 1 other question for those of you that fish browns at night, do you wear a head light on top of your head or will this spook them? Also will casting spoons and raps produce more night time browns than flies? Like i said, just a rookie looking for a starting point. Live in duluth and looking to hit the wis side until the kings start running the n shore. Thanks in advance.

e-mail [email protected]