• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reloading

Brownie77

Yes, most of the dies and presses are interchangeable. What lee press did you go with? I have a classic progressive press. If I was to get a single stage press it would be the Lee Breech lock press, changing dies continually would get to e a pain in the neck

I love these discussions about "what should I buy"?

I started out with RCBS because of recommendations of friends and from using thiers before I plunged into handloading in 1983. What I like about RCBS is that any product you have from them is warranted for life and anythime you call them on reloading issues you get an honest to goodness expert. The other thing I like about RCBS is that most sporting goods store carry thier products. I use the Lee primer tool and the case trimmer that you put it a ordinary drill and the deburring-ers. Here again, it all depends on your pocket book. I've always found that a few more bucks spent initially will pay off in the long run. However, as I have posted before....NEVER..EVER count the money you spend on a hobby.....LOL

they all make great presses and dies. I just like the breech lock idea, set the dies once and forget it, no need to readjust the dies everytime. Hornady has something similar, I believe it is a lock and load press. I went with the progressive because I also load pistol rounds.