• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got a free bow, now what?

Big Dave2

My brother-in-law gave me his perfectly good older bow when he bought a new one. It is a Darton, I think the model is warrior but I could be wrong. It needs a new string. My father-in-law says he has a string for that bow that has a lifetime warranty that cost $30. Should I just buy that one from him and let him help me put it on? Or would I be better off going to Cabin Fever and letting them do it so they can check other things over? Maybe I should just buy a string from Cabin Fever because then I think they put them on for free, or at least they used to. I have sights for it but I will probably need an arrow rest. Is there any style that is recommended over others? Any help would be great.

Take it in, let them set it up. It may need to be lengthened or shortened for you. I would look at a drop-away rest of some kind. The Ripcord seems to be all the rage right now.

Good luck!

a lifetime warrenty on a bowstring just means it shouldn't fail, but the string will wear out like anything else.

Unless he has the packaging for it and you know it matches the specs exactly, I would go in and get a new string. Who knows how old the one he has is.

I also would go to Cabin Fever and let one of them check it out. They can make sure the draw length is correct, make sure there aren't any defects and that its right for you. Thats where I get all my bow work done. They handled my Darton before I sold it so I know they will take care of you.