• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knockout Hunting Adventures

mrklean

I was watching this show for a bit tonight and saw that draw loc thing on his bow, my quetions i understand for people who are unable to draw because of a disability but does this guy need it? I guess i dont know his bio besides hes a old boxer or something but if hes fine isnt that a bunch of bull for him to use it? I dont know i guess thats just my opinion what is yours?

So what's the protocol for the crossbow permit, just get a doctor's note and they DNR signs off, or does the DNR do more of their own checking, more of a review? Lcornice, if you're listening? I'm not looking to get one, just wondering how its determined.

Also, what's the likelihood the DNR will continue to allow crossbows during gun season? Now that there's a longer season in our zone, I've thought about trying one where I wouldn't gun hunt for safety reasons but that I still bowhunt. Though I wouldn't want to give up bowhunting, I wouldn't mind trying one out. Perhaps it would be kinds fun. I also don't want to drop $400 on one, though and then not be able to use it if the DNR stops allowing the during gun season all of a sudden.

Had to register just so I could throw my 2 cents in on this one.

I actually hunted with this guy on a guided Alberta bear hunt. The outfitter was the late Harvey Mcnalley of Poplar Ridge Outfitters. (In case there's any fact checkers out there) He made every one of us shoot his Drawloc bow and the thing was a disaster, heaviest bow I've ever picked up, and to shoot it accurately, you had to pull with your bow arm and push with the release hand. Completely opposite of normal form.

He proceded to wound 3 bears on that trip and didn't recover any of them.

My friends and I ended up featuring prominently in that episode, as we had filmed some of our kills with our own cameras.

If they ever replay that episode, I'm the guy who stuck a timber wolf.

there is a bow out there like 23" axle to axle and they have this lock thing on it. They were shooting aligators with it and this 10-12 yr old kid was using it the bow was like 70 lb draw but he could pull it back when he stepped down on it. Thought it was bull how they were introducing this kid to the sport of bowhunting where he took a bear with it later that its ok to keep it locked in. They were saying how with this short light bow you can hold all day and not worry about it and it was better then a cross bow because you had the accuracy at further distances then a cross bow. Do not know if they were pulling this out of the air or what but I do know that my bow is dang accurate still at further distances then I have heard cross bows but no accurate data for me since I have never shot one.