• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

golf cart on the ice?

lookingforluck

Those things are pretty cold blooded, or at least the ones I have been in are. So, if that is the case, I would think it would be an issue.

No snow and "dryer" ice, plus small travel distances, why not? Doubtful you would be pulling much weight, however, i.e. shacks and stuff.

I've used one for years and it works good. I put tire chains on when there's snow. I even had a blade on it and plowed my driveway just put some weight on the back. I've heard that some resorts use golf carts to pull fish houses out before the ice is thick enough for trucks.

lol!!!! cold one sd lol!!!! getting smashed on the golf cart pulling a ice house! that would be an funny sight, well i guess if you put on chains or stud the tires why not? just dont go out in a snow storm cuz then you will be leaving it there till you can drive your truck out to get it. LOL!! I can just imagine a guy driving his golf cart out with the auger, his house and poles and a case beer in the back lol thats funny!

sounds like somebody I would hang out with he he he

So it seems like people are 50/50 on this. I am wondering how the engine would fire up in the cold. Also, does anyone know if the old 70's gas golf carts work the same as now, i.e. touch the gas and it starts the engine? or do they stay running? I am not planning on using this in heavy know or real bad weather. I am on a lake and I thought it might be an easier way to get around than using the old 3 wheeler.

lol!!!! cold one sd lol!!!! getting smashed on the golf cart pulling a ice house! that would be an funny sight, well i guess if you put on chains or stud the tires why not? just dont go out in a snow storm cuz then you will be leaving it there till you can drive your truck out to get it. LOL!! I can just imagine a guy driving his golf cart out with the auger, his house and poles and a case beer in the back lol thats funny!

sounds like somebody I would hang out with he he he

I have run into him quite a few times on the ice and he has always been goofy as a pet coon. Normally he could peel paint with his breath too. I'm gonna have to ask him what planet he is on next time I see him.

I would think it would work great as long as there isn't too much snow. I'm planning on using my garden tractor this year. I put ATV tires on the back and I'm going to put chains on. What size rims are on the cart? do you have room for ATV take off's? I had the turfsavers on my tractor and I'd get stuck in wet grass. Now that I have the ATV tires on it, I haven't gotton stuck yet and I used it to build my deer stand this last weekend. It went through alot and was pullin 100 pounds of 2X4's. If nothing else get it on video and put it on youtube.