• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Canon

Hey all, looking to buy a nice Canon soon. I can't decide on the XS or the XSi, or trying to even find an XTi. I know all are great but I'm new and learning to find what lens to get as I heard the 18-55 isn't the greatest that Canon has to offer. Couple questions. I'm finding just a few websites that offer the XSi body for $380 which is $420 less than I can get it in town. What do you all think is the scoop on this confused

I have been saving up and can spend about a thousand total on whatever I can including accessories etc. What would you canon lovers go for?

Appreciate any input!

Muzzy

We have all asked this question at one time including my self. I will help you. if the price seems to good to be true it is. There are a lot of online vendors out there that really take peopel for a ride. Since we can't post any links here that aren't sponsers, I will tell you to do a search for the following: Canoga Camera, B&H, and resellar ratings .com.

At Resellar ratings you can research the various online vendors adn hear the horror stories of unscroupulous vendors. Many whoe operate multiple online companies to Appear like they are every where. I am sure that you will find the right deal if you search. I have been quite happy with Canonga and B$H. I have used canoga almost exclusivly for the last 2 years.

PS I have the Canon XTi and I love it. For Lense, a good walking around lense would be the 17-55 IS USM or the 17-85 IS USM. there is also a 28-105 out there that I heard is a good walking around lense but I personally don't find that 28mm is wide enough for my particular artistic taste.

Pauls advice is dead on about the camera dealers on the web. I use B&H but have heard nothing but good about Canoga and Adorama. All are Canon dealers who can take care of you if you have warranty issues. I use the 17-85 and it is a pretty sharp and well built lens.