• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any FM ers do home renovating or contracting? (see inside)

The Yeti

Sorry to get off the subject of fishing, but me and my wife just bought a house. I'm supposed to go fishing this weekend but we have a small issue. After we tore down wallpaper and backing, we are having a heck of a time getting the glue off the walls so we can paint. Vinegar and water works, but have to scrub. We tried a commercial solution, to no avail. I want to get this done, in a faster way, by this weekend so I can fish. Any suggestions?

Sounds like your having a blast we just did our kitchen.And used vinagar&water but you will have to get it real wet wipe it on heavy and let it sit warm water works best
then soak your rag again then wipe it again. Good Luck
jimBo

Seems to me I once used Downy liquid fabric softner and hot water to remove wall paper. I think I used about a shot glass full of softner per cup of hot water and sprayed it on using a spray bottle then I scraped it using an ice scraper (for your windshield) so I didn't tear into the wall.

Try it on a lttle spot first.

Hope it works and I accept no responsibilty for the beating you get from your wife if it doesn't. smile.gif

Yeti feel free to give me a call 612-250-1120. I deal with this all the time, I have a small painting business. Maybe I can give you some ideas.

Brian

Didn't see the last 2 post untill I sent this. The idea of fabric softner is right on. Still feel free to call if needed.

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 01-05-2004).]

Go to home depot, in the wallpaper section they have this stuff I think it's called DEP. I had a similar situation as you, I mixed this stuff with very warm, almost hot water in my pump up weed sprayer. Turn the nozzle down to a mist spray and soak the wall from the top down, let it sit for about 5 minutes to soak in, then repeat the soaking step 3-4 times. When the glue is good and soaked take a wide trowel (sp) the kind sheetrock tapers use, and start at the floor and scrap up. It worked for me and I must have had an 1/8" of glue under the wallpaper. Good luck, it's messy but it works.

Ole

1. go to the paint store or Menards
2. Ask for DIF remover from Zinsser
3. use as directed
4.Get done make wifey happy go fishing (take her along also)
I was in the paint and decorating field for over 10 years and this is good stuff any other problems just ask.
see you at winnie

------------------
en kala
(I fish)