• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help on european mount

Code-Man

I was given the other day a mount to do and I'm running into a little issue. It is 2 yrs old and the meat is gone off of it obviously but the skin is still on. Any tips for getting the skin off? I haven't tired anything yet so I don't know how hard it will be to remove or not but I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I was told pry it off and it should crack and brake off and I've also been told to soak it in water till it seperates. Any ideas?

I've got one that I'd like to clean up and did a little research on that. Seems like either water or water mixed with fabric softener were the choices most suggested...

now I just gotta find some time to actually do it. Dang work busy during the fishing, hunting seasons. Thanks for the input. Have to give it a try one of these days.

My buddy has his wife get some kind of bleach from the hair salon she works at and I will tell you what You will never see a whiter skull than the ones he has done with that stuff.

I will try to find out what it is called exactly, because I have one I need to finish also