• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opener Reports!!!!!

Thanks Matt, when you coming out? I'm headin out again right now till probably 9AM. Gotta go when you have the chance!

Got out last Sunday- 6 hours, nothing. Been busy other than that, just got a house in Forest Lake so probably be fishing that regularly. Early Saturday I'll be there. Let me know when you'll be in the neighborhood.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: JRedig
Thanks Matt, when you coming out? I'm headin out again right now till probably 9AM. Gotta go when you have the chance!

Got out last Sunday- 6 hours, nothing. Been busy other than that, just got a house in Forest Lake so probably be fishing that regularly. Early Saturday I'll be there. Let me know when you'll be in the neighborhood.

Hey, email me your phone number, i'm pretty sure I lost it. jeff at 034motorsport dot com

I've been out only once because I've been guiding for "other stuff" and honestly, am waiting for the water to warm up a bit more. I'll hit it harder when the temps get to upper 60's. BUT, was out on Mille Lacs on Tuesday fishing the southern bays. Saw a few muskies on jerkbaits and gliders (Phantom, Magic Maker), but no takers. We did catch a bunch of really nice pike and walleyes though...nice little bonuses.

Our group did awsome opening weekend saturday till tuesday,

4days,4guy's,2boats, 9 muskies!!!!

18"

40"

42"

43"

44.5"

44.5"

46.5"

47.5"

fished three different lakes, got all the muskies but the 18" on one lake!!!!!

This is by far the best starter to the summer to come!!!

I talked to Hunter tonight. He's up "guiding" his grampa for muskies. He caught a 41 this evening on a Jackpot - gave him the whole show - waked up on it way out on the cast and followed it back and forth for about 10 feet and then came out of the water hitting it. Solid hookup and a water release (cause grampa couldn't figure out the camera and I forgot to send the net with him so Hunter couldn't leave the fish and get the camera going). Had 3 other follows and saw a big one just cruising shallow. Hope he guides me to one this weekend.

You forgot to mention that 3 guys caught the nine muskies and one continues to face the curse of even catching a muskie, not that once again the opportunites weren't there. But if there's a way not to get that first picture I can do it. When two buddies find a area with a couple hot follows and offer to switch me for one of them and give me first cast at them only to have the guy who jumps in my boat catch two and net one while I'm netting one for the guy I'm with, that takes a special kind of luck. The everlasting curse, may it someday be lifted.

I talked to Hunter tonight. He's up "guiding" his grampa for muskies. Hope he guides me to one this weekend.

Excellent!!! THis is an admission to something I've suspected for quite a while since I first met you both... That its not luck... but that Hunter's way better than his ol' man! LOL grin

On the other hand... Good luck this weekend... Tell Hunter I said hello and to get a 50" for me!!!

Ok well after a tough morning on WBL, it turns out they JUST sprayed most of the lake for milfoil and we didn't see ANYTHING. No bass, no pike, no muskies. First time since the pike opener i've been goose egged. Quite a few people out, talked to several and they had the same result. Seems to be "off" bigtime.

Curious if anyone else has had better experience out there?

She-ite! I was going to fish there tonight. Wifey works til 11 so I'm fishing the third shift tonight. I may head to BE instead but haven't done much there after dark. Does the milfoil spraying usually mess them up for quite awhile?

I'm with WRD. Me and a friend just started huntin ski's this year. opening weekend he had to work Sat. so the wifey decided to join me. I was so paronoid of her catching one that I told her that she should just stick with castin these small jigs. The reason being is she has a 30" walleye hanging and while out in Hawaii I made the mistake of taling her into coming big fish fishing, she could just sit in the boat and catch some sun. Now she also has a 76" spear fish mounted and hanging in my dead animal room. The grand kids keep asking me where my fish is.

I'm with WRD. Me and a friend just started huntin ski's this year. opening weekend he had to work Sat. so the wifey decided to join me. I was so paronoid of her catching one that I told her that she should just stick with castin these small jigs. The reason being is she has a 30" walleye hanging and while out in Hawaii I made the mistake of talking her into coming big fish fishing, she could just sit in the boat and catch some sun. Now she also has a 76" spear fish mounted and hanging in my dead animal room. The grand kids keep asking me where my fish is.

Lol so your saying you need to catch a big one?

Good Luck getting redemption

Ryan

Opener reports like the ones listed above just go to show you what good management and good angler ethics can do for an all the Muskie Lakes in Minnesota. It is certainly a great time to be a Muskie Fisherman.

Wow, I just re/read that and I sound like a politition. But it's true.