• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hard water haze/spotting?

jerkin'm

I haven't figured out a way to get rid of the light haze/spots that seem to stay on my hull after washing. The haze covers pretty much the whole hull. Is there a soap that works for this? I dry it thouroughly immediately after washing and it still shows up..

Waxing works best. If you dont wanna wax, use CLR (removes Calcium, Lime and Rust find in grocery stores everywhere) and mix in a spray bottle...

But a good wax is best as it is preventative mx for your paint/hull also...

Try a bottle of "Zep" fiberglass tub/shower cleaner (not the mold/mildew stuff, that's a bleach mixture). Home Depot is the only place I have found this stuff. It completely eliminates hard water stains, calcium build up, etc... It's all I use to clean my boat/motors (and my showers/tubs from rust stains).

If you can't find it, you know I can help you out...

A fishing buddy who's pretty anal about the way his boat looks uses Tilex daily shower spray. He just sprays it on while the boat is still wet. He's been using it for a few years so it must be working for him. He also waxes the boat monthly.

I have my first glass boat and have used it a few times but not for a long enough time to know if it is working.

Nothing beats "The Works", toilet and bowl cleaner. Use the regular bottle kind not the spray on. May have to brush area with a plastic brush, then rinse well.

To shine aluminum with mirror reflection use Busch Super Aluminum polish, it's amazing

I've tried a bunch of cleaning chemicals and CLR works the best. I put it on with a rag (full strength) and rinse it off right away. Do small areas at a time and wear rubber gloves. Then I recomend applying a wax or sealant to keep it looking nice longer.

Nels

I got Bass Boat Saver and it works very good. You just wipe your boat down after it comes out of the water and it looks great. It kind of washes it and waxes it at the smae time. Kinda spendy @ $30 a gallon though.

The hazing is water deposits. We have a product called Wonderfoam. Wet down the area with water and spray on Wonderfoam and the will foam up after it sets for on min. Rinse off real well and they are gone. Follow up with a cleaner wax called Restore that is easy on and very easy off and your all set. Looks like new and hardly any work at all. After a few coats of Restore you will notice a huge difference in the amount of water spots you get as water will repel off your boat. Wonderfoam can be used on boat and motor with excellent results. Both products are made for boats and are biodegradable. Skeeter

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]