• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 F150 FX4 violent shaking issues

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
Fishing tech, I didnt think of that, but if it is a 4x4, the IWE, (front lock outs) can cause this as well, if one is staying locked in!

Could it happen even if I havent had 4wd locked in in the last 5 months?

Yes, they are vacuum operated. If I remember right vacuum is applied to disengage, so if 1 side is sticking the vacuum won't be strong enough to diengage it until it gets warmed up.(driving it)meaning that axle will be spinning

Originally Posted By: shackbash
Good luck Moe. I have seen the e-brake issue also and 4.W.E. brings up a good point.

Let us know!

E-Brakes it is. Guess it failed something fierce. Tech said he duplicated it on the road and it was the worst he'd ever seen. They ordered a parts kit for it. Hopefully it will be done today or early wednesday.

I will let 4.W.E. give the final word, but I would say not. I think it was clearned up by 06, if not by 07...

Are you having concerns?

Originally Posted By: Black_Bay
Does anyone know if this is happening on the more recent models? I have an 08 F150.

Yes 08's are also involved with these problems. If you are having the same concerns, I would have it checked out as well.

So its the e-brake cables that are hanging up? I didn't think any of them still had e-brakes shoes in them? blush.gif More often than not when you remove the rear rotor the e-brake shoes fall off. The typical response from the customer is we never use the e-brake and decline the repairs. We give the general spiel about safety and thats about as far as it goes. crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: airjer
So its the e-brake cables that are hanging up? I didn't think any of them still had e-brakes shoes in them? blush.gif More often than not when you remove the rear rotor the e-brake shoes fall off. The typical response from the customer is we never use the e-brake and decline the repairs. We give the general spiel about safety and thats about as far as it goes. crazy.gif

I use mine every time i park in the driveway (sloped) or park with the boat. I wouldnt pay to fix it had it been out of warranty. I would have just replaced it myself.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
 Originally Posted By: Black_Bay
Does anyone know if this is happening on the more recent models? I have an 08 F150.

Yes 08's are also involved with these problems. If you are having the same concerns, I would have it checked out as well.

No problems yet, unless you count a lighter wallet from feeding the beast. Actually it's been getting better milage than my '03.

My question was for info gathering. I just like to keep an eye on things that are potential problems so I have some idea what may happen and what to do to keep me on the road. For example I'm not going to change the spark plugs myself on this one.